The Student Room Group

Accounting & Finance 2015 Applicants and Offers

Sending off my UCAS application this week for Accounting and Finance/Financial Management. I've applied to Loughborough Uni, Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Southampton, Uni of Sheffield and Uni of Portsmouth.

How have your applications been getting on... any offers?

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for Accounting and Finance. I got offers from Kent (ABB) and Reading (AAB).
I'm also applying for LSE (AAA), Surrey (AAA) and City (AAA).

I'd love to go to LSE, but I don't think I'll get it. It's very competitive!!
Reply 2
Original post by Kitty1996
I'm applying for Accounting and Finance. I got offers from Kent (ABB) and Reading (AAB).

well done! how long did they take to get back to you and may I ask what subjects and predicted grades you have? congrats
Original post by fbrep2012
well done! how long did they take to get back to you and may I ask what subjects and predicted grades you have? congrats

Thanks

Kent took 10 days, Reading took 13 days.

I do Maths, Economics and History and I'm predicted A*AA
I'm also doing Extended Project and I'm predicted A* in that too.
Reply 4
Hey, I've also applied for accounting and finance, sent off my application three weeks ago and have had offers from bath, leeds, exeter, lancaster and reading :smile:
Reply 5

What's your opinion on Kent? Do you think its highly regarded and a top uni? Do you want to go there/are you considering?
Original post by MrMC
What's your opinion on Kent? Do you think its highly regarded and a top uni? Do you want to go there/are you considering?

I live in Kent so I know the area quite well and Canterbury is a lovely place. I wouldn't regard it as a top uni but it is not a bad one at all. It might be my insurance choice. It is a respected uni and so far I'm quite impressed by how informative they have been after I applied.
Reply 7
I live in Kent so I know the area quite well and Canterbury is a lovely place. I wouldn't regard it as a top uni but it is not a bad one at all. It might be my insurance choice. It is a respected uni and so far I'm quite impressed by how informative they have been after I applied.

Seeing as you love in Kent, what's your opinion of Medway, as that's where my course is based.
Also in your opinion which uni is better overall, and for accounting, Royal Holloway or Kent?

Thanks!:smile:
Original post by MrMC
Seeing as you love in Kent, what's your opinion of Medway, as that's where my course is based.
Also in your opinion which uni is better overall, and for accounting, Royal Holloway or Kent?

Thanks!:smile:

I never visited Medway before sorry. I don't really know much about Royal Holloway but I've just looked at a few league tables for accounting and Kent come in at about 22/23 but Royal Holloway aren't listed in the top 100.
Reply 9
Hope everyone's UCAS process is going well. Sent off my application just before the half term and a week later I received all of my offers; Loughborough, Southampton, Birmingham, Sheffield and Portsmouth. :smile:
Hope everyone's UCAS process is going well. Sent off my application just before the half term and a week later I received all of my offers; Loughborough, Southampton, Birmingham, Sheffield and Portsmouth. :smile:

How long did it take you to hear from Birmingham? :smile:

Hello, Just wanting to know if you got offers from Surrey?
Original post by Angeliana
Hello, Just wanting to know if you got offers from Surrey?

Hi, yeah I have got an offer from Surrey for AAA.

Wow, congrats. Just wanting to know how long did it take ?
Wow, congrats. Just wanting to know how long did it take ?

Thanks, my application was sent on the 3rd October and they gave me on offer on 16th October. Good luck, I'n sure you'll get an offer.
Thanks, my application was sent on the 3rd October and they gave me on offer on 16th October. Good luck, I'n sure you'll get an offer.

Ok, thanks for your help:smile::smile:
Reply 16
How long did it take you to hear from Birmingham? :smile:

Birmingham got back to me after around 8 days
Birmingham got back to me after around 8 days

I just did, haha
conditional offer
so happy
Reply 18
I just did, haha
conditional offer
so happy

What a coincidence haha... well done! Now you (possibly) have the department open day to look forward to. Where else have you applied to?
Reply 19

May I ask what subjects you're taking and what you're predicted in them please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending