The Student Room Group

Is there a decent amount of black people in queen Mary's, Loughborough or Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gracella
Yeah it has nothing to do with getting a long with people of a certain colour cos if it was I would have said this. I will get on with people I have fun with but I was just wondering. I would never deny a friendship just because someone is different to me.

Sorry, it came out a lot different to wat I meant. I was trying to do 'giving you my experience' and 'a message from another black person' message but I guess it came out like I thought you were looking for black people.

Jus saying that there will be a lot of ppl in a similar position to you, who are wondering, hoping that it comforts you a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubzeh
Chin up. You'll get a lot more attention when you have those light brown babies. x

Why do you assume that I'm unhappy? Why do I need light brown babies? Why do I need any babies? You do realize that I'm Black and Chinese, right? I'm actually rather happy.

By the way. I reported you for racially harassing posts. I thought I'd be open with you about that. If you think that I have any way misinterpreted what you just said (i.e implying that I should feel bad/inferior due to my race), feel free to correct me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Eveiebaby
Why do you assume that I'm unhappy? Why do I need light brown babies? Why do I need any babies? You do realize that I'm Black and Chinese, right? I'm actually rather happy.

By the way. I reported you for racially harassing posts. I thought I'd be open with you about that. If you think that I have any way misinterpreted what you just said (i.e implying that I should feel bad/inferior due to my race), feel free to correct me.

You're so dumb lol.
Original post by Bubzeh
You're so dumb lol.

You didn't answer the question. I know exactly what you've said. I just want you to out and out admit it. You're trolling - it doesn't make what you said OK if you're joking or not.
Reply 84
You didn't answer the question. I know exactly what you've said. I just want you to out and out admit it. You're trolling - it doesn't make what you said OK if you're joking or not.

Honestly you're losing me, but it seems like you're feeling sorry for yourself, it's cute. It happens a lot with your people.

Why does being Dark and Chinese or whatever you said have to do with having light brown babies by the way?

Like I said though, don't worry, your time will come x
Original post by Bubzeh
Honestly you're losing me, but it seems like you're feeling sorry for yourself, it's cute. It happens a lot with your people.

Why does being Dark and Chinese or whatever you said have to do with having light brown babies by the way?

Like I said though, don't worry, your time will come x

You seriously have issues if you can't answer a perfectly simple question about why I need light brown babies and why I'm unhappy. I'm sorry that you have such a limited understanding that you need to project your beliefs so forcefully.

Who are "my people", with that in mind?

I'm really enjoying this conversation, but it's really difficult to reason with patronizing idiocy and arrogance.
(edited 9 years ago)
OP, judging by your writing style, I don't think you are ready for a University of London uni.
(edited 9 years ago)
Define an indecent amount.
Racist as **** b
Only minorities can understand what it feels like to stick out like a sore thumb, I'd expect others to atleast imagine what it would feel like to be the only one of their race in a UNIVERSITY full of people of a different race, everyone wants to fit in so a few others of the same race help with that, that's all lol. This question was raised solely for OP to feel comforted that she won't be put in that position, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone uses the term "white flight" (people moving from increasingly asian occupied areas) without assuming they were racist jeeez
Original post by Gracella
I was just wondering the amount of black people in these unis as I am thinking of applying to them. Especially queen Mary's. I am black myself and I do not have a problem with other cultures and races trust me but at the same time I would like to know because I just want a nice mix cause I've herd queen Mary is all Asians and white people. Obviously with one or two black people but I would like an equal mix

I did BSc economics at QMUL and in my school there were like 2-3 black people. Majority was Asians/south Asians and whites, but you should know that it's a VERY international university. You'll meet people from places you've never even heard of.

Anyway my advice would be to get to know as many people as you can and join various societies. It's amazing to know different cultures. Asians are not that bad btw. I'm a south asian myself. :smile: best of luck.
Reading this thread again, half of you are blind to your white privilege, ofcourse no one white would even need to put up this thread in the UK 'cos almost EVERY UNI IS FULL OF WHITE PEOPLE because its a WHITE COUNTRY. Why are people typing such illogical statements or am i missing the joke here ahahaha. Sned a white person to Nigeria and when they ask to go to a uni with white people, it'd make sense and it still WOULDNT BE RACIST. I should be revising...:dry:
Original post by Juichiro
lol Why would he joined a Gospel Society if he want to meet other black people?

Gospel Music society is 98% black. Just like a Diwali show is gonna be 98% Asian, plenty of societies are 98% white... etc.
Original post by meenu89
Just think if someone who isn't from an ethnic minority made a similar thread?

:rolleyes: Stop deflecting, please, it's getting old.

Black people tend to want to not strictly be around black people but they don't want to be the only black person around for due reason :rolleyes:
I still think you have the idea that my ideal would be in a majority black area. Untrue. For various reasons.

Like what?
Of course black people are uneducated and never go to university do they. They aren't capable.

I'm just giving you what you want to hear.

Why did you even respond to that 1st Bubzeh post in the 1st place, clearly some things are too stupid to entertain.
I don't think your question is racist. If you're from an ethnic minority you'll understand.
The best place to go for a black uni is Morocco.
Original post by Slim and proud
OP, judging by your writing style, I don't think you are ready for a University of London uni.

Par
Reply 99
Original post by infairverona
I literally think this every single time I see one of these, imagine if some white girl was like 'oh I'm not racist I just want to go to a uni where there's a lot of white people :smile:' everyone would be jumping on it. But it's ok when black or asian people make these threads. It's equally as racist in my view.

Well yes because they live in a white majority country, so it would be stupid to ask. If a white girl living in Ghana asked the same question Id have no problem with it...

Quick Reply

Latest