The Student Room Group

How to start ACCA journey?

I have finished university with 7 exemptions from ACCA after completing BA Accounting & Finance.

I have still not found a job and was thinking how would I start going into ACCA study, should I register now and use the exemptions? - is there a time limit on this?

Also wth no job would it be better to start now and take the remaining exams, or wait till I start a job and then complete exams as well as the relevent experience required?

All help and advice is greatly appreciated.:smile:
Original post by Beeeeeee
I have finished university with 7 exemptions from ACCA after completing BA Accounting & Finance.

I have still not found a job and was thinking how would I start going into ACCA study, should I register now and use the exemptions? - is there a time limit on this?

Also wth no job would it be better to start now and take the remaining exams, or wait till I start a job and then complete exams as well as the relevent experience required?

All help and advice is greatly appreciated.:smile:

How long have you been unemployed for? What grade did you get at university? Where did you study? Have you thought about volunteering?
Reply 2
Original post by happylarry1
How long have you been unemployed for? What grade did you get at university? Where did you study? Have you thought about volunteering?

Since June
1st
Staying anonymous :cool:
Done some in the past - around a year ago

Finding it very difficult to even get interviews and applying to a lot of vacancies (though most want 2/3 years experience).
Not sure whether to start ACCA now or wait till employed.
Since June
1st
Staying anonymous :cool:
Done some in the past - around a year ago

Finding it very difficult to even get interviews and applying to a lot of vacancies (though most want 2/3 years experience).
Not sure whether to start ACCA now or wait till employed.

You only graduated in June and you were awarded with a first - you still have time. Don't worry about competing your ACCA just yet. Have you added your exemptions to your CV? I specifically added *completed f1-f7 of ACCA exams*, or something to that effect. That may prove advantageous for you if you haven't added it for yourself.

I'd call up some charities and ask to volunteer in their accounts department.

Just keep applying... As depressing as that is
Reply 4
Original post by happylarry1
You only graduated in June and you were awarded with a first - you still have time. Don't worry about competing your ACCA just yet. Have you added your exemptions to your CV? I specifically added *completed f1-f7 of ACCA exams*, or something to that effect. That may prove advantageous for you if you haven't added it for yourself.

I'd call up some charities and ask to volunteer in their accounts department.

Just keep applying... As depressing as that is

I've just got written "Available exemptions ACCA F1-F7"

Would putting "completed f1-f7 of ACCA exams" possibly be misleading?
I've just got written "Available exemptions ACCA F1-F7"

Would putting "completed f1-f7 of ACCA exams" possibly be misleading?

That is misleading. Exemption does not equal complete

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending