The Student Room Group

The TSR Halloween Bake Off competition!

Calling all amateur bakers!

Following the success of the Easter cake competition, we would like to run a competition especially for Baking Week with a special HALLOWEEN theme!!!

So all you have to do is bake a creation of your choice which reflects the theme of Halloween and submit a photo by November 3rd in this thread. Each entry will be entered into the competition to win our awesome grand prize!!!

Have Fun and Get Creative

The Grand Prize!

The Great British Bake Off: Big Book of Baking and "Notes of a Baking Genius" recipe notebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Rules:

All entries need to be posted up in here by midnight on Monday 3rd November.

Winners will be decided by TSR staff and announced by 10th November.

No cheating (no Google images!)

You can enter as many times as you like!

Time to get baking!
I will be attempting a spiderweb cheesecake so we will see how that goes!
:tongue:

Find more Halloween chat and competitions in the Halloween Party Hub here!

Scroll to see replies

In!
I'm tempted to give this a go, however as much as I enjoy cooking my decorating skills suck :ahee: will have to get practicing my piping!
Reply 3
Subbed, if only for results.
Definitely giving this a go!
:eek: How did I not notice this already?!
Reply 6
The cake is a lie.
Im rubbish at making a cake look pretty, but the name says it all.

Chocolate and Banana cake
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1413556081.672793.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1413556092.188435.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
definitely giving this a go :biggrin:
Reply 9
Has anyone actually got round to making their cakes yet? Or is everyone waiting until October 31st?
Original post by theJdog
Has anyone actually got round to making their cakes yet? Or is everyone waiting until October 31st?

I'm making mine on Thursday evening and posting a photo on Friday :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
Im rubbish at making a cake look pretty, but the name says it all.

Chocolate and Banana cake
Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek::eek:

I want banana cake now! That looks really good! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by She-Ra
I'm making mine on Thursday evening and posting a photo on Friday :smile:

Ahh, going impress us all again like you did for the Easter theme :biggrin: Btw can I just say your cake looked absolutely delicious! Maybe you should make my wedding cake . . .
Original post by theJdog
Ahh, going impress us all again like you did for the Easter theme :biggrin: Btw can I just say your cake looked absolutely delicious! Maybe you should make my wedding cake . . .

Oh my gosh, I'm chuffed that you remember that :smile:

Sadly not... I'm going super simple this week! Ooo when are you getting married? Congratulations!!
Original post by She-Ra
Oh my gosh, I'm chuffed that you remember that :smile:

Sadly not... I'm going super simple this week! Ooo when are you getting married? Congratulations!!

Oh how could I not! Your rainbow cake was awesome! And sometimes simple is the best way to go! And oh gosh no I'm only 18, I've still got some time to go until I get married :tongue: But if I do get married in the future I definitely want you to make my cake! How did you learn to make such fab cakes?
Original post by theJdog
Oh how could I not! Your rainbow cake was awesome! And sometimes simple is the best way to go! And oh gosh no I'm only 18, I've still got some time to go until I get married :tongue: But if I do get married in the future I definitely want you to make my cake! How did you learn to make such fab cakes?

LOL! Sorry... I just assumed you were engaged :wink:

Thanks again, it was one of the prettiest cakes I have ever made :h:

Naaw, that's very kind of you to say... I actually taught myself, just gave it a go and tried out a few things. I have baked less in the last year but I do love it. The first cake I made was my coronation crown for the jubilee - I didn't plan too but the recipe was in the paper and it looked like a bit of a challenge so I just thought "eh why not!".

Do you bake much? :smile:
Sounds fun I'll do it this weekend :biggrin:
I have my idea finalised, will be making them (or making a trial run, depending on how they turn out :ahee:) over the weekend :h:
Nice idea :awesome:

Can't wait to see the entries :biggrin:

Maid Marian
x
Try this out? Get creative :woo:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by She-Ra
LOL! Sorry... I just assumed you were engaged :wink:

Thanks again, it was one of the prettiest cakes I have ever made :h:

Naaw, that's very kind of you to say... I actually taught myself, just gave it a go and tried out a few things. I have baked less in the last year but I do love it. The first cake I made was my coronation crown for the jubilee - I didn't plan too but the recipe was in the paper and it looked like a bit of a challenge so I just thought "eh why not!".

Do you bake much? :smile:

Amazing! I gotta see the cake you made for the Easter one :tongue:

EDIT: That looks so tasty :sogood: How did you get the layers so perfect? The rose swirls are really good too!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply