The Student Room Group

Kim Jong Un

Rejoice! The Dear Leader (or is it great leader? Grand leader?) has returned to us. Oppressed workers all over the world celebrated his return to public life.

So Kim Jong Un had not been seen for around 39 days, such an absence usually indicates some sort of shift in power or a health problem. Allegedly he has gout and an addiction to Swiss Cheese. Still this raises an interesting question, whatever the reason for this disappearance is he truly in control?

Kim Jong Un reminds me of a common problem in the Absolute monarchies of Europe, kings often died before their heirs were ready to take the thrown, usually leading to unrest. Is that the case here? Kim is young and fairly inexperience, his father was not a smart man but had an almost street fighter quality. He was good at the dirty politics you tend to find in a totalitarian regime, if his son lacks the quality he could be a mere puppet.

I'm skeptical that we'll ever see a true coup in North Korea, stability is too closely wedded to the Kim family and their personality cult. But the idea of a figurehead or perhaps even a clutch of close aids and advisers taking the lead could be the case here.

Thoughts?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
The guy is the best troll in the world. Respect where it is due.
Original post by Aj12
Rejoice! The Dear Leader (or is it great leader? Grand leader?) has returned to us. Oppressed workers all over the world celebrated his return to public life.

So Kim Jong Un had not been seen for around 39 days, such an absence usually indicates some sort of shift in power or a health problem. Allegedly he has gout and an addiction to Swiss Cheese. Still this raises an interesting question, whatever the reason for this disappearance is he truly in control?

Kim Jong Un reminds me of a common problem in the Absolute monarchies of Europe, kings often died before their heirs were ready to take the thrown, usually leading to unrest. Is that the case here? Kim is young and fairly inexperience, his father was not a smart man but had an almost street fighter quality. He was good at the dirty politics you tend to find in a totalitarian regime, if his son lacks the quality he could be a mere puppet.

Thoughts?

Kim Jong Un was just (Kim) ill (Sung) in my opinion. He couldn't possibly go out in public looking (Kim Jong) ill. That would undermine his authority and make him look like a weak leader in front of his people.

When he first took over I did think that he would be controlled by the military but I don't think I've seen much evidence of that. I think he's actually making the decisions himself, with his advisors of course.
His revolting regime makes the Chinese government look like reasonable human beings.
Reply 4
He was watching breaking bad.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol breaking bad Marathon probably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending