The Student Room Group

2015 architecture offers ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennamadison13
Iv got an offer from Northumbria, Oxford Brookes and Newcastle. Still waiting to hear from Sheffield and currently working on my set task for my Liverpool portfolio ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you please show me your portofolio for Newcastle and Northumbria, I would really appreciate it because I don't know from where to start, and it will be really helpfull for me to get an idea of how it should look and what drawings it should contain.
Original post by JoW2
Hi! Congratulations to u : ) When did u submit ur application ? :smile:

sent my task to ucl on jan 17th! interview this sunday..
Reply 82
Original post by snowflakes1200
sent my task to ucl on jan 17th! interview this sunday..

you SENT it on Jan 17th ? Do you have a Tardis ?

The interview is on Sunday ??
Original post by az_97
you sent it on jan 17th ? Do you have a tardis ?

The interview is on sunday ??

OOPS dec 17th hahah
Reply 84
Hi everyone, I applied for Architecture K100 about a week ago (a bit late I know). I applied to Nottingham, Kent, Oxford Brookes, Brighton and UWE Bristol and I already have an offer from UWE Bristol. Does anyone have any info about the other universiteis in terms of time it takes for them to reply and if they all ask for interviews and/or portfolios?

Thanks
J
Reply 85
Original post by jennamadison13
Iv got an offer from Northumbria, Oxford Brookes and Newcastle. Still waiting to hear from Sheffield and currently working on my set task for my Liverpool portfolio ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did Oxford Brookes require from you in terms of Interview and Portfolio? I have applied and I really like the look of the university and Architecture building but I haven't received anything from them yet.
Original post by JfBudd96
What did Oxford Brookes require from you in terms of Interview and Portfolio? I have applied and I really like the look of the university and Architecture building but I haven't received anything from them yet.

Hi here is a link to the requirements http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-at-brookes/courses/undergraduate/supporting-materials/portfolio-guidance-for-architecture-applicants/

For my interview I brought a range of work from my GCSE/ A-level along with my sketchbooks. They seemed very interested in my sketchbooks; this was also the case at northumbria, rather than the finished pieces. I think they just want to see evidence of creativity combined with ability.

Good luck to you!
Original post by AZ_97
Hi, yes, I got an offer from Sheffield - AAA,

Take a look at my portfolio which I have just posted, it may help you in deciding what to include in your portfolio.

Best of luck

Where can i see your posted link? I also applied to Sheffield, i dont think ill get in LOL
Reply 88
Original post by M.Joshi:p
Where can i see your posted link? I also applied to Sheffield, i dont think ill get in LOL

Hi
Here is the link to the post on TSR of my portfolio

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3020501

If the link doesn't work search for 'My portfolio is attached' about 4 weeks ago.

Good luck
Got my task today from Bartlett .... Doesn't look easy.... Will give my best shot. Just. Wanted to know in genrell how many students get task?
Reply 90
When did you send your UCAS application? I sent mine on 12th January. Cutting it fine I know.
I'm just wondering when I will hear from them about portfolio requirements and the task and how much time I will have to send everything in.
I also applied for the interdisciplinary course. Has anyone else?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by grsimmo
When did you send your UCAS application? I sent mine on 12th January. Cutting it fine I know.
I'm just wondering when I will hear from them about portfolio requirements and the task and how much time I will have to send everything in.

sent it on 4th jan & received task on 17th..
For the ucl portfolio can we include photography? Please help 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Sharandynamics
Got my task today from Bartlett .... Doesn't look easy.... Will give my best shot. Just. Wanted to know in genrell how many students get task?

I've just got one and i have no idea what to do which it. What is meant by "a record of a personal journey" ?? I'm desperate
Got Newcastle and Brighton, didn't get Sheffield and Edinburgh.
Still waiting for Manchester anyone heard from them?
Original post by diannekwene
Got Newcastle and Brighton, didn't get Sheffield and Edinburgh.
Still waiting for Manchester anyone heard from them?

Someone called up Manchester and they said that they give offers by March 7th but from the sound of it we will be waiting until just before then! I think everyone (including me) is waiting on Manchester ahah
Original post by grsimmo

I my UCAS application in November, usually the portfolio requirements come in a week or two depending on how many people they have to respond to. Most of my portfolios had to be submitted differently(blogs, pdfs, presentations) and some required more pieces than the other so some took longer. I finished most of them in early December and sent them getting responses around Christmas and New Years.
Got an offer from Manchester yesterday, finally

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey. I got offers from Edinburgh, Sheffield and Nottingham. Im not sure which is the best for me. I hope to attend their open days but i couldnt because im an international student😓 Can you guys please help me with your opinions and comments? Thanks a lot 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fnadhiera
Hey. I got offers from Edinburgh, Sheffield and Nottingham. Im not sure which is the best for me. I hope to attend their open days but i couldnt because im an international student😓 Can you guys please help me with your opinions and comments? Thanks a lot 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh is generally higher ranked than the other two, however Sheffield is amazing- the talk that they gave on the open day convinced me to go there, the course sounds so good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest