The Student Room Group

sciences po applicants 2014/15

I graduated from ucla this summer with political sciences B.A. I am applying for sciences po paris but there isnt anyone with whom I can share info and talk about application process. Is there anyone living in paris and apply for sciences po masters this year?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows the acceptance rates for each program? I am divided between PSIA and corporate management. Is PSIA more competitive in general?
Hey! I'm applying there.
I heard acceptance rate for international students is like 12% :/
Reply 2
Hey!

I'm applying to PSIA international development this year. What courses are you guys planning to apply for and with what background?
Reply 3
Hey !
I can't help you with the admission process or the master program, as I'm an undergratuate student, but if you hâve any question about life in Paris or Sciences Po, as I'm a local student at sciences po, I will be glad to help you !
Reply 4
Hey, I actually spent a year at sciences po paris until this spring! But thank you do much for your kind reply :smile:
Original post by Clara248
Hey !
I can't help you with the admission process or the master program, as I'm an undergratuate student, but if you hâve any question about life in Paris or Sciences Po, as I'm a local student at sciences po, I will be glad to help you !
Reply 5
Hi
Sorry for intruding, but I would like to ask a question.
I'm thinking of applying to Science Po for BA in Le Havre.
Now I'm studying in Thailand (a small country in southeast Asia) and our grade system quite different.
I chose Maths and Science program in high school. (We have the chance to choose program once and we can't change)
Maths and Science really damaged my grade but I did well in Social and English. Will it be a problem?
I've never studied French (except for a little bit of self study) but I have basic in Chinese and Japanese.
Should I take a course in French now?
How much chance do I have?

P.s. I also consider applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship. Is it hard to get?
Original post by littlebird09
Hello Idh8504, I live in Paris and applied to Sciences Po. I sent my application mid-october and received an email this week saying that my application was admissible and that I would have the results mid-december.

I applied for Human Rights and Humanitarian Action !

I believe that 2/3 of PSIA's students are international students. But I don't know about the acceptance rates. I have friends with great grades but little experience which didn't get in, and vice-versa.

Do you mind if I ask what was your GPA and work experience?

No problem!

My GPA was around 3.5.

I am currently completing a year-long internship in a human rights NGO.

I have also done an internship in a top UK law firm.

I also been actively involved in student societies throughout my student life and volunteered abroad.

But just so you know, that was my second choice, my first choice is a dual-degree, and my letter of intent is more aimed at my first choice!

I see :smile: you look like the ideal candidate :smile: good luck.
did you get an offer yet?
Reply 8
I'm also applying for Master in Communications.
@littlebird09 if you don't mind can you tell us how did they explain you the rejection in the email?
Fingers crossed for your first choice!
Hi everyone!
I am also looking for some advice on the Science Po PSIA program. I went to an okay state school here in Oregon with a 3.6 GPA and a Political Science major...Minors in French and Business. I have studied abroad in France and taught in France. I am currently a legislative assistant but have intern experience with a US Senator, World Affairs Council, and others.

I'm worried about several things:
I did not attend an ivy league school, I don't have any close professors so my letters of rec will be mediocre probably, I never wrote a thesis, and my GPA isn't amazing.

I really want an international career and I understand PSIA is competitive. Do you think I'd have a shot at getting into the program?

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply 10
They didn't give any explanation, they just said that my application had been rejected and then that the admission procedure was very selective and that they had to choose between candidates who all had excellent profiles.

Thank you, I will let you know when I get the answer (April!). Let me know about your application!

I guess they rejected you application because you have good chance for dual degree! With all these references in your CV, I believe they will accept you to a dual degree program :smile:

I don't understand why dual degree must be the first chioce!? Because I would rather go with Master in Communications than Dual degree, but it's better to apply for both, because you increase your chances like that :smile:
Reply 11
Thank you :smile: I hope so! I really haven't applied anywhere else yet. And I heard that there are only 6-7 people each year in the dual degree I'm applying to so it's very competitive.

I think that dual degrees are more selective than the regular Masters, they only accept between 6 and 20 people each, and if it was possible of putting it as a second choice, a lot of applicants would select it "just in case" and they would have to decide between 10x more applications. By making it a first choice only, they know that applicants have to include it in their letter of intent and that they really want that Master. (Maybe I'm wrong!). But I know that it's what happened for the dual undergraduate degree I'm currently in.

Where are you from and do you study communication as an undergrad?

Well,it makes sense. I knew DD are more selective, but I didn't know they accept 6 people only! :eek:

I'm from Serbia and I'm studying international relations at Faculty of political sciences, but I had some internships in the fields of communications and I also had some courses in different NGOs about political communicatioon,public speaking...

Hope everything will be ok! :smile:

Where are you from?
Reply 12
Hey I submitted my application to a Dual Degree programme at Sciences Po at the end of February. Anyone know when I should hear back? An have any of you guys heard back?
Reply 13
Just had my interview for an undergrad dual degree. I was told that I would hear back on the 27th of March, so 10 days.
Reply 14
Ok so still a long time to go :/

I applied to the St Gallen one -- you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending