The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called 'ugly'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Is it really a big risk? I can't think of anyone I've ever seen where I've thought 'that nose looks unnatural' and I bet I've unwittingly met plenty of people who've had it done. Plus it doesn't seem like a very complicated procedure in 2014.

:dontknow: I couldn't risk it. I think I made the right decision though.

Original post by InternetGangster
Why did you decide against the nose job in the end?

See my previous posts. I'd got over much of my crippling insecurity over my nose by last year :moon:
Original post by samanthamumba
Don't listen to her she is just a rude girl:cry2:.

They are normally insecure.

I'm a dude.

Not bothered tbh haha.
I've been called it a lot in my teens and when I was younger, but I also get chatted up occasionally. So I guess it's not all bad. Unless they are doing a joke.
Reply 43
Anyways, just to go along with this thread, yes I think I was called ugly, but not straight up. It was implied. I guess it was justified. The thing is, from the age of 13 to like 17, I used to have really bad acne, I used to have spots all over my cheeks. So people used to comment on it a lot, I was really depressed, my friends remember how I was. I used to tell my friends I need money to go to those private dermatologists and get rid of my acne spots, but my spots naturally faded from the age of 18. My best mate commented on it as soon as I got out of the house, and said ''look how clear your face is, you don't have anything to worry about now'', but I think I still do. I still have acne scars and post-acne hyperpigmentation on my face which I want to get rid of in the future, but that time will come. I don't stress about it or anything, I'm just living my life normally, I don't care about it as much as I used to, which is a good thing.
Original post by Maid Marian

I'd got over much of my crippling insecurity over my nose by last year :moon:

that's encouraging to hear :top:
Original post by InternetGangster
that's encouraging to hear :top:

Mmm. Pretty proud of myself for that, actually. There was a time when I would walk around school covering my nose with my hand :indiff: It was so bad. :moon: Glad I got over that.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Yes a moderator once private messaged me calling me ugly.

I'm trying to find a lawyer who will represent me but lionel hutz was busy.

Lol! :rofl2:

I think most people have been called ugly before. When I was younger it upset me but now idgaf if someone doesn't like how I look. Their issue not mine.
You!!! what happened to your old profile pic this one is nice but I preferred ze old one:frown:.

Icr what my old one was? I've had this one for ages :redface:
Reply 48
Don't listen to her she is just a rude girl:cry2:.

They are normally insecure.

I'm a dude.

I'm not rude :cry2:

It was a joke.
Even though i said it wasn't a joke, lel...

You're beautiful, no matter what they say
Is there something in your eye? Oh wait, no its just sparkle :wink:
Original post by Joyful_soul
He's beech :hugs:

Did anyone say that after 13?

Nah that was the only time I recall :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by ChrisLay1
Not bothered tbh haha.

Bbz, ur a sexy thang, i'd take ur last name
What happen to ze lanky giraffe :colone:
That was standing behind you:tongue:.

Lanky giraffe?? I...have no photos like that? You might have me mistaken with someone else haha
Nah. Well my sister does when we have fights but I call her ugly too when we argue. But she calls me beautiful/pretty when we're on good terms so im sure she doesnt meab it haha
Other than her, I've never heard anyone call me ugly :tongue: nobody is naturally 'ugly' anyway imo. Below average, maybe but certainly not ugly.
Don't think so, but if I ever do get called ugly, I'll just respond with:

[video="youtube;pWdd6_ZxX8c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/video]
No:no: the girl standing behind you remember?:wink:

I had a photo of me and my friend for like a week...and I was the girl standing behind. :indiff:
No way jose you were ze giraffe

:gasp:

Me no believing so now me leaving:tongue:

The girl in front is 5'1...I'm 5'5. That's...not really lanky at all.

But yes that's probably for the best, goodbye :smile:
some chav did in year9, tbh I was pritty ugly as I was ridden with acne and had bad haircut, but now he's ugly as ****, and I'd rate myself way higher than him
tell myself it all the time ._.
Never, which is quite surprising as I think I look vile.
anybody else think being called ugly by the same sex would hurt more than the opposite? If a girl called me ugly, I wouldn't care but if a guy did I probably would for some reason

Quick Reply

Latest