The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

2015 Applications

My application was sent last week, I know there's no rush but I was wondering if anyone has received an offer for 2015 entry yet? Or do you need the interview first?

Also does anyone know if your AS grade counts towards your UCAS points? I've applied for Fashion and Marketing and the website only specifies that you need 320 points from two A2 subjects, but I've heard that they said your AS levels don't count towards this. I'm predicted AAB and have an A at AS, also I've done a BTEC award in Fashion & Clothing and am currently doing one in Graphics (both level 3). I was also wondering if the UCAS points from these two courses count towards the 320 required. So many questions so I thought I'd post on here as I couldn't actually find a Northumbria 2015 thread.

Thank you :smile:
Hi Coffeeandcats,

Don't worry about not receiving an offer yet, our admissions teams are working as we speak on confirming interview dates and are hoping to be in contact within the next few weeks to invite you for an interview. After this, an offer could be made on your application.

As for the entry requirements, Fashion Design and Marketing needs 320 UCAS Points from 2 A levels, as you know. This is the minimum that we look for, so as long as you have 2 A levels to go towards your entry, you can make up the rest of your points from any other qualification, including your AS levels (as long as you haven't gained the full A level in the same subject)! So your BTEC's will also be included within your entry!

I hope that helps! If you need anything else, please feel free to message us again!

Thanks,
Rachel
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by Northumbria University
Hi Coffeeandcats,

Don't worry about not receiving an offer yet, our admissions teams are working as we speak on confirming interview dates and are hoping to be in contact within the next few weeks to invite you for an interview. After this, an offer could be made on your application.

As for the entry requirements, Fashion Design and Marketing needs 320 UCAS Points from 2 A levels, as you know. This is the minimum that we look for, so as long as you have 2 A levels to go towards your entry, you can make up the rest of your points from any other qualification, including your AS levels (as long as you haven't gained the full A level in the same subject)! So your BTEC's will also be included within your entry!

I hope that helps! If you need anything else, please feel free to message us again!

Thanks,
Rachel

Thanks for replying,

I have sent off my application and put 'Award' for my BTECs as this is what the college said I was doing. However, I realised yesterday after receiving the fashion qualification certificate, that I had done the BTEC Certificate rather than the Award, meaning my UCAS points for that qualification should be higher. I got DMM but the certificate doesn't state my overall grade, so I am assuming I got a merit overall which would give 52 rather than 26 points. This is not including the graphics BTEC, which I am also now assuming is also a Certificate as it will be done through the same centre.
Is it worth emailing Northumbria to update them on this?

Thank you!
Hi Coffeeandcats,

I can dm you the email address of the relevant admissions team if you'd like, and they should be able to advise you on what you should do next.

Thanks,
Rachel
Hi Coffeeandcats,

I can dm you the email address of the relevant admissions team if you'd like, and they should be able to advise you on what you should do next.

Thanks,
Rachel

Yes please, thank you!
Hi Coffeeandcats,

I've sent that through for you.

Good luck!

Rachel
Hi Coffeeandcats,

I've sent that through for you.

Good luck!

Rachel