The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who's deaf?

I think the title mentions it all :smile:
Yes. Imagine no yelling and voice raising.
Yes, I think I probably would, if they were a sufficiently interesting and attractive person. It would be a fun opportunity to learn some sign language, if nothing else.
Original post by Alfissti

That's a good point, actually. Having to really think about what you're going to say before you say it would probably put paid to a lot of arguments.
Yes.I would.Got no problem with that.
Reply 6
Yeah though it would be hard at times getting the grasp of sign language no doubt but I would let that get in the way of me being with the person if I loved them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
yes i would
Reply 8
Original post by Alfissti

I think that have been compensated by more body language movements and probably the usage of other offensive fingers.
No. I know it sounds really bad but I don't think I would.
Reply 10
I do, sort of (partially deaf).
Reply 11
Has anyone been in the mentioned relationship?
It depends how deaf they are. But I'd struggle I think.
Definitely. I would think nothing of it :h:

In answer to the above - I haven't personally been in a relationship with a deaf person before, no.

Edit: One of my mates was losing her hearing and I was going to learn sign language so I could speak with her better, but then I moved so...

But yeah, for me it is such a non-issue.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think I would, my friend has been with a deaf person for a year now and it doesn't seem to have impacted their relationship in the slightest
Yeah why not
I don't think I would only because I'd struggle to get my point across sometimes and I have little patience,
I would date someone partially deaf though as its not that much of an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest