The Student Room Group

GCSE Target Grades - What are yours?

Hi, I'm currently a year 11 student. I was wondering what everyone's target grades are in their GCSE subjects. That's the grades that your teachers have officially set. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr1807
Hi, I'm currently a year 11 student. I was wondering what everyone's target grades are in their GCSE subjects. That's the grades that your teachers have officially set. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've moved this to the GCSE forum for you :smile: Hope you've had a good weekend :h:
Reply 2
My target grades are B in combined English and A* in Maths and Further Maths. An A* in Science and Additional Science. An A in Environmental Science and a B in Sociology. An A in Geography and an A* in RE. And for the rest I haven't got a predicted grade yet.
I have some target grades but I don't have my predicted yet. Hopefully they'll be okay. :moon:
I've been predicted A* in Eng lit/lang, maths, triple science, French, Latin, business studies, & RE mainly because they were based on my KS3 levels. However it'll all come down to a mixture of the work I put it and what I can achieve on the day :smile:
All my targets are A-A* except C in drama. Oh well. I guess one bad grade is not going to let me down.
Reply 6
Original post by VioletPhillippo
I've been predicted A* in Eng lit/lang, maths, triple science, French, Latin, business studies, & RE mainly because they were based on my KS3 levels. However it'll all come down to a mixture of the work I put it and what I can achieve on the day :smile:

What were your levels in KS3?
Reply 7
Original post by tsr1807

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your target grades?
Original post by OGGUS
What were your levels in KS3?

Level 8- maths, science, history, geography, RE
Level 7- English, DT (product design, graphics, food tech, textiles) , Latin, French, IT
Level 6- Music, PE :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Level 8- maths, science, history, geography, RE
Level 7- English, DT (product design, graphics, food tech, textiles) , Latin, French, IT
Level 6- Music, PE :smile:

You beat me in everything
Reply 10
A / A*s in everything... Did you know your predicted grades are partly based on where you live?
I believe I was wrongly predicted and so were alot of people in my school..
They predicted me a B in everything and also under predicted me in English. As a result of this I spent the a year and a half in 4th set where all of them are predicted a D grade and below.. I ended up getting an A on all of my tests and 1 off a A* in one of them.. Ofsted should of picked up on this since it effects attitude. Some students are predicted to fail, what's that about?
Reply 12
Original post by ellyh
A / A*s in everything... Did you know your predicted grades are partly based on where you live?

What do you mean?
I'm in year 11. Thought I would include my personal target grades too :smile:

Target Grades set by school:
6 A*'s
6 A's
EPQ - none

Personal Target Grades:
10 A*'s
2 A's
EPQ - A*

I have an A* in maths and religious studies atm. EPQ= Extended Project Qualification (worth half an A level) if anyone was wondering :biggrin:
All B's but expected to get A's in some subjects
Reply 16
Maths - B (Aiming for an A)
English - A*
Additional Science - A
Sociology - A*
Media - A
History - B (Aiming higher)
Spanish - C
RE - B (I'm getting E's in mocks, I need to fix up)
Reply 17
Original post by ellyh

I believe those are Fisher Grades.
I think they're made up from your SAT's results and KS2 performance as well as how long you have been in the country and where you live etc.

Pretty much BS though. My FTT Grade is a D in every subject.
The only subjects I get D's in are Spanish and RE, and that is because of a lack of revision.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
English lit - B (aiming for an A)
English language - B (aiming for an A)
Computing - A
Maths - B
Graphics - B (aiming for an A)
PR - B (aiming for an A)
Science - A
ICT - B (aiming for an A)
Art - C (aiming for a B)

Quick Reply