The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thetfordkid0
For those who have done the CC online verbal reasoning test - I took it on Saturday and have just received an email saying I've passed it this morning, so check your emails!

That's awesome, congrats!!
Anyone know if any of the following are on a rolling basis?

Clyde & Co
WFW
Dentons
DLA
Weightmans
Ince
Original post by Griffin0007
Anyone know if any of the following are on a rolling basis?

Clyde & Co
WFW
Dentons
DLA
Weightmans
Ince

Clyde & Co interview on a rolling basis. DLA Piper don't. I'm not sure about the others.
Reply 543
Is there a specific time deadline for the CC applications tomorrow?
I have also passed the CC test :smile:
Anyone heard anything from Eversheds? I made a concerted effort to get my application in long before the deadline because they state they review applications on a rolling basis. Last year, I was rejected fairly promptly (applied at the same time last year) but this year it's silence.
Reply 546
Hi, does anyone know when do firms stop doing ACs/interviews for training contracts? I will be away for the whole of August, and will only be available to do ACs/interviews in Sept or during my vac schemes in Jul, and I don't want to miss out on potential TC interviews!
Original post by noel123
Hi, does anyone know when do firms stop doing ACs/interviews for training contracts? I will be away for the whole of August, and will only be available to do ACs/interviews in Sept or during my vac schemes in Jul, and I don't want to miss out on potential TC interviews!

I believe a large number of firms hold interviews in August and many will be unwilling to wait until September. It will depend on the individual firm and whether you can arrange something to their discretion, but I think this could be problematic.
Torn between going for Sept 17 or March 17 intake, feel like I'll regret not taking the six months out pre-TC.
Reply 549
Clifford Chance confirmed on facebook today that their deadline is midnight tonight :smile:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I have also passed the CC test :smile:

Congrats! Could I just ask is it 30 questions in 19 mins? Or is it less? Thanks.
Reply 551
For questions that ask you to discuss one of the firm's published cases and why you found it interesting - is it ok to use a case from April 2015, or should I choose something more recent?

Also, how would you structure this question? Do I just include a summary of the case and then explain why I found it interesting or is there more to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Procrastination1
Congrats! Could I just ask is it 30 questions in 19 mins? Or is it less? Thanks.

30 in 18. Can't believe I passed seeing as I was on my way to Glaatonbury when I took it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ZaraW
I believe it's around the 68th percentile, rather than X out of 30.

So 68th or higher? I just took the practice and got 80th😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
So 68th or higher? I just took the practice and got 80th😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

The higher the better! :smile:
🙌🏾

Original post by ZaraW
The higher the better! :smile:
Original post by O'Doyle Rules
30 in 18. Can't believe I passed seeing as I was on my way to Glaatonbury when I took it!

Haha love this.

I once sat an online test for Hogan Lovells hungover, had to be sick midway through, but wasn't successful like you were.
Has anybody had responses (+ or -) from CMS or Shearman & Sterling yet?
Also passed CC's verbal reasoning test, huzzah.
What do you reckon the percentage of that 30% who passed the verbal reasoning get interviewed?

Quick Reply

Latest