The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Carpe diem!! The new season as is upon us

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please feel free to post any and all questions. Thanks
Yes! I'm back in the mix Training Contract 2017, let's do this!
Original post by GlitterAndThings
Yes! I'm back in the mix Training Contract 2017, let's do this!

Me too! Hopefully we'll have better luck this round :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I also think it's worth discussing vac schemes on this thread.
Reply 5
So where is everyone applying to?!
Reply 6
Blp- PFO

Nrf - PFO

Not good so far 😳

Jones day, ashurst and hsf - still waiting
Original post by dangerclose
Blp- PFO

Nrf - PFO

Not good so far

Jones day, ashurst and hsf - still waiting

Mind me asking is this for TCs or VS? It's still early days so don't worry :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Fruit-twist
Mind me asking is this for TCs or VS? It's still early days so don't worry :smile:

Tc and vs with BLP and NRF.

However met the HR team from NRF today and wish I'd met them before submitting my application. Oh well

However met the HR team from NRF today and wish I'd met them before submitting my application. Oh well

You could still apply for the summer VS.. any nuggets of wisdom lol?
Reply 10
Reluctantly joins thread. :sad:

I'm a final year non-law applicant (any others out there?) -- attempting to apply for TCs mostly but also vac schemes at places that will let me... I was supposed to do VS in my penultimate year, alas I spent that year abroad.

Have applied to 3 places so far (2 TCs, 1 VS). Have yet to hear back from any. Good luck to you guys.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by k3ro
Reluctantly joins thread. :sad:

I'm a final year non-law applicant (any others out there?) -- attempting to apply for TCs mostly but also vac schemes at that places that will let me... I was supposed to do VS in my penultimate year, alas I spent that year abroad.

Have applied to 3 places so far (2 TCs, 1 VS). Have yet to hear back from any. Good luck to you guys.

I'm final year non-law! Most VSs are in final year for us, so don't worry about it!! Only the MC firms have theirs for penultimate, and even then you can go straight for TC. This is the year for you to be applying to VSs, so don't worry about it.

I've applied to 2 VSs, JD and Shearman. Good luck with yours!
Reply 12
Original post by nonlawlawyer
I'm final year non-law! Most VSs are in final year for us, so don't worry about it!! Only the MC firms have theirs for penultimate, and even then you can go straight for TC. This is the year for you to be applying to VSs, so don't worry about it.

I've applied to 2 VSs, JD and Shearman. Good luck with yours!

Thanks for the heads up. American firms also seem to only accept VS apps from non-Law undergrads in their final year. 3 more applications sent off today.

Best of luck to you with yours. :smile:
Reply 13
Final year non-law (languages) here as well! I got myself a VS at Jones Day, and have applied to Slaughter and May, HSF, NRF, Freshfields for 2017 training contracts and heard back nothing yet. I have a light week next week I'll be using to get the vast majority of my applications off!
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Me too! Hopefully we'll have better luck this round :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Fingerscrossed*

I met them before submitting my app... made no difference and I believe i really took on board what they said so don't worry about it Onwards and upwards
Original post by GlitterAndThings
I met them before submitting my app... made no difference and I believe i really took on board what they said so don't worry about it Onwards and upwards

Thanks, just keeping up the hard work. It's gotta pay off soon πŸ˜„
Non-Law graduate (French)! Sent off 4 applications but I'm debating whether to go for Vac Schemes or just straight TCs - what do you think? I know some recruit mainly through the VS but for those that don't do you think we'll hear sooner if we get a contract by just applying for a TC?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Invite to interview from Freshfields. Got it at 10.20 today so other applicants should check their inbox. Gonna go and panic now.

Original post by g2ljonsey
Non-Law graduate (French)! Sent off 4 applications but I'm debating whether to go for Vac Schemes or just straight TCs - what do you think? I know some recruit mainly through the VS but for those that don't do you think we'll hear sooner if we get a contract by just applying for a TC?

I'm going for a combination of both. I'm applying for TCs with firms who recruit on a rolling basis because, yes, you'll get a nice headstart on the Law applicants. Also applying for a few vac schemes with American firms, and a couple of others.

I've sent out about 4 TC applications and a bunch of VS applications. Have only heard back from Freshfields so far.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by k3ro
Invite to interview from Freshfields. Got it at 10.20 today so other applicants should check their inbox. Gonna go and panic now.

I'm going for a combination of both. I'm applying for TCs with firms who recruit on a rolling basis because, yes, you'll get a nice headstart on the Law applicants. Also applying for a few vac schemes with American firms, and a couple of others.

I've sent out about 4 TC applications and a bunch of VS applications. Have only heard back from Freshfields so far.

Good luck! :biggrin: I'm yet to hear from a firm that recruits on a rolling basis - how long roughly did you wait to hear?

Quick Reply

Latest