The Student Room Group

Nuffield bursery

Hi,
I am in year 12
9A*s and 1A
Have 3 weeks of hospital work experience under my belt, i do volunteering and extra stuff

i really need help in deciding whether i should apply to the nuffield bursery or not.
Some sources say its not relevant for medical applicants while others say it is looked highly upon.
It takes 4-6 weeks of summer when i could be preparing for my UKCAT, BMAT and do other work experience

I also have the choice of trying to get the silver or gold crest award independently- during school hours (after school as well) with the support of a teacher and whilst working together with anther student who is highly capable research-wise.

Do yo think it is worth doing either one of these, or can i spend my time more wisely.

There is no harm in applying. Balancing different aspects of work and research is part of medicine and if you can do it successfully, it will definitely look good. It also means you have more interesting and distinguishing topics of conversation for your PS and interviews.
You should totally apply for it
Reply 3
thanks guys
:smile:
Nuffield say (at least in my area) that they don't award any bursaries for Medicine projects, but I've seen it happen all the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending