The Student Room Group

My life is falling apart...

I left uni, and it feels like everything is going downhill.

I'm 100's of miles away from my boyfriend.
I can't keep on top of bills etc because I don't get paid in time to pay them
My house is a state
I can barely sleep from stress
My family avoid spending time with me
I can't keep on top of all the different things that I have planned because I am always working

I know I'm lucky to even be in a job so soon after graduating, but honestly, I was more in control of my life when I was unemployed.

I work 8:30-7 every day, I don't have time to do any of the things I need to do, except for the weekends, when I'm being pushed and pulled around from place to place by people demanding to spend time with me.

And if I am to turn around and say to my boyfriend that I need a weekend to myself, he'd go in a huff and make me feel guilty for not wanting to spend all my free time with him.

I'm grateful for all these people, but my life is collapsing in on itself from stress/sheer exhaustion and it feels like it's never going to end.

I come home from work, eat my dinner, cry for 2 hours and then go to bed. Every single day.

I am no longer in control of my life and it's falling apart. And nobody wants to know.
I think I can only offer the generic advice other people would probably give. Just talk it through your boyfriend and family and make them understand, I'm sure they will help you.
If you work so much why can't you put away some money for the bills? Seriously, it's barely like your life is falling apart it just sounds like you're stressed and need some sleep.
Remember you're not a tree so you can move closer to your boyfriend if you really want to. If you want to spend more time with your family make more of an effort with them. If your house is a mess tidy it.
Reply 3
lol thats life
Your working hours are ridiculously long, no wonder you are depressed :/ . Maybe see if you can cut back to more reasonable hours ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending