The Student Room Group

Best lip moisturiser?

Can anyone recommend any good decent lip moisturisers please?

I'm currently using the Blistex intensive moisturiser hydrating lip cream. It was great when I first used it, however, now it just doesn't feel as hydrating.

I've heard Carmex is good, but which item from their range is better? Or anything else?
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've never tried Carmex, but I really like Burt's Bees. The effects are long lasting, and my lips don't get dry after a while as they tend to do with Vaseline.
Nivea Fruity Shine I like much!!
Carmex! I literally swear by it for lips. I used to be a vaseline addict, but it always just formed a shiny greasy layer that would go as soon as I ate something for example, Carmex seems to actually moisturise my lips and they're not nearly as dry as they were when I used vaseline. It also doesn't leave that greasy slimy look and feels nice and tingly.
I use one of the tinted Vaseline lip balms. I've found it to be the best option of all the lip balms that I've tried.
Reply 5
Carmex is :yy:
Reply 6
Original post by chewey
Carmex is :yy:

I bought the carmex tube few days ago. Its really sticky and greasy.
Reply 7
Original post by A321
I bought the carmex tube few days ago. Its really sticky and greasy.

You should try the tinned lip balm, I love it! Never used the tube though :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by chewey
You should try the tinned lip balm, I love it! Never used the tube though :tongue:

Ah damn I thought they were the same. Nvm :frown:
Vaseline has gotten me through life.
If you're going for Carmex, get the tinned version rather than the tube. I have no idea what the difference is but there definitely is one.
Reply 11
The original Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm, no contest. It's non-greasy, soaks well into your lips and the menthol makes your mouth tingle :biggrin:.

NB: The flavoured versions of this balm (mango, pomegranate, honey, blueberry & dark choc etc) are NOT as good as the original.
Reply 12
I don't understand the Vaseline love... it just sits on your lips and does nothing. :s-smilie:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Vaseline has gotten me through life.

THIS :biggrin:
Vaseline, nothing else works for me
Ms sporty's tinted lip balms are quite good too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere Strawberry Sorbet
Original post by A321

Chanel - Rouge Coco Baume which is a lip hydrating lip balm with gloss, it's £25 (or 31,50€). I use it and yes, I'm a man but still, can't resist :colone:
Reply 17
Original post by A321

I'm currently using the Blistex intensive moisturiser hydrating lip cream. It was great when I first used it, however, now it just doesn't feel as hydrating.

I've heard Carmex is good, but which item from their range is better? Or anything else?
:smile:

I have literally been using lip balms since like the age of 5 because of dry lips and can honestly say Baby Lips is great. After about 6 or do hours without reapplication, it absorbs and leaves lips soft and hydrates and does not leave any kind of gunky residue if you overdo it slightly as I've found with lip balms such as Nivea.
Reply 18
Nivea Essential Care Lip balm!

Just written a review on our blog for this lip product, feel free to check it out :smile:)

SBW-D.blogspot.com

A&K xx
Vaseline the cocoa butter edition. In my opinion the burts bees grapefruit lip balm does indeed smell amazing but I found it to be quite greasy and just slide of the lips rather than repair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest