The Student Room Group

Asset Management Summer Internships 2015

Hello everyone :hello:

I didn't manage to spot a thread for anyone who's applying for AM internships for next summer, so I thought I'd create this marvellous haven.

Out of interest, has anyone applied to Schroders? I did the numerical and logical reasoning tests, and was just wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by camaieu
Hello everyone :hello:

I didn't manage to spot a thread for anyone who's applying for AM internships for next summer, so I thought I'd create this marvellous haven.

Out of interest, has anyone applied to Schroders? I did the numerical and logical reasoning tests, and was just wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you.

I have, did the tests yesterday and hoping to hear this week about the next step :smile: When did you take the tests?

I'm still waiting on M&G, JPM, GS, Baillie, Aberdeen, BlackRock, MAN

Out of interest, do you have any experience in finance? Work experience/studies etc....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by TkTk
I have, did the tests yesterday and hoping to hear this week about the next step :smile: When did you take the tests?

Out of interest, do you have any experience in finance? Work experience/studies etc....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Took the tests last week and got invited to some "afternoon tea" session, which I can't attend because I'm in France! :rolleyes: So I'm maybe hoping that I didn't completely bomb the tests! Then again, they might not have looked at them and that was a generic email!

I don't come from a particularly financial background, but most of my experience has been administrative and political. So we'll see how it goes. :smile: I'm mainly applying for HR positions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by camaieu
Took the tests last week and got invited to some "afternoon tea" session, which I can't attend because I'm in France! :rolleyes: So I'm maybe hoping that I didn't completely bomb the tests! Then again, they might not have looked at them and that was a generic email!

I don't come from a particularly financial background, but most of my experience has been administrative and political. So we'll see how it goes. :smile: I'm mainly applying for HR positions.

Afternoon tea? Sounds like you go to an Oxbridge university? :P At least you have to a good reason to miss it, how's France this time of year? I suspect its an informal interview meet networking event - it must bode well :smile:

Ah I see, well hopefully I'll be working alongside you in no time haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to JP, GS and CS but still no news. Yet, I think that nobody heard from those companies when it comes to AM. I applied mid-September :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rollerboller
I've applied to JP, GS and CS but still no news. Yet, I think that nobody heard from those companies when it comes to AM. I applied mid-September :smile:

I'm in exactly the same position :smile: Although GS tends to wait until deadline so maybe that explains it...
Reply 6
Has anybody heard from Schroders after the video interview?
I worked at Schroders last summer and it has definitely made me want to pursue a career in the asset management industry.

I'm currently applying for the JPMorgan and HSBC Asset Management summer internships so fingers crossed! I'm living in France for a year so I'm not sure how I'll get back for interviews (if I'm successful!). Might end up being an expensive process!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
I worked at Schroders last summer and it has definitely made me want to pursue a career in the asset management industry.

I'm currently applying for the JPMorgan and HSBC Asset Management summer internships so fingers crossed! I'm living in France for a year so I'm not sure how I'll get back for interviews (if I'm successful!). Might end up being an expensive process!

What did you do at Schroder's? Well done on it BTW :smile: I'm waiting for news following the video interview... Not sure when they usually contact

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Big12C
Has anybody heard from Schroders after the video interview?

Original post by TkTk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Schroders are "sending applications to the desks in the next couple of weeks" to choose candidates for the AC which is to be "held in December".

Out of interest does everyone who passes Schroder's tests get invited to video interview?

Also what division did everyone apply for?
(edited 9 years ago)
did you guys get invited to the online test straight after the application for Schroders? i applied mid September, but still did not even receive the online test. thanks
Reply 11
Hey guys when u applied to wealth management internship have u been asked to recommend a stock on FTSE? What s your ideas about?
Original post by 09001904
did you guys get invited to the online test straight after the application for Schroders? i applied mid September, but still did not even receive the online test. thanks

I got invited to tests a few days after applying. (graduate investments scheme)

I would email to check they definitely received your application as you should have received test invites by this stage.

Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by tru.and
Hey guys when u applied to wealth management internship have u been asked to recommend a stock on FTSE? What s your ideas about?

Can't say I've had to recommend on FTSE, just any equity proposition. I usually go for tech growth stocks nasdaq/nyse as thats all I know. I'm pretty bad at it... Who's this for in particular

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Have any of you heard from JPM European Equities or Multi Asset Groups ?
Reply 15
Original post by abhc22
Have any of you heard from JPM European Equities or Multi Asset Groups ?

Only for the numerical test (European equities)
just to clarify! i called up the HR from Schroders, and was basically told they are doing the grad scheme at the moment. i presume that is the case with all the firms! so relax!
Reply 17
Original post by 09001904
just to clarify! i called up the HR from Schroders, and was basically told they are doing the grad scheme at the moment. i presume that is the case with all the firms! so relax!

Did they mention how far through the recruitment process they were for grad? Still waiting since my video interview....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, jw if anyone could give me a rough idea of the timeline that most banks recruit to for their summer internships? This isn't for IBD, I mean other positions such as Wealth Management, Private Banking etc .. Obviously they vary according to division/bank but by when are most offers made?

Basically I have applied to MS, JPM, RBS, UBS, GS, HSBC, Citi, DB, Rothschild, CS and Barclays ..

Have been rejected by HSBC and Citi, received telephone interviews from UBS and RBS but haven't heard a single thing from any of the others either post application/post tests!

Just want to know whether this is normal at this point and I still have a chance or whether I should just hedge my bets and apply for other internships .. you guys seem a lot more clued up than me, let me know?!

Just out of interest, where are you guys in France? I'm also on my year abroad, in Paris :biggrin:
Original post by paperclip1
Hey everyone, jw if anyone could give me a rough idea of the timeline that most banks recruit to for their summer internships? This isn't for IBD, I mean other positions such as Wealth Management, Private Banking etc .. Obviously they vary according to division/bank but by when are most offers made?

Basically I have applied to MS, JPM, RBS, UBS, GS, HSBC, Citi, DB, Rothschild, CS and Barclays ..

Have been rejected by HSBC and Citi, received telephone interviews from UBS and RBS but haven't heard a single thing from any of the others either post application/post tests!

Just want to know whether this is normal at this point and I still have a chance or whether I should just hedge my bets and apply for other internships .. you guys seem a lot more clued up than me, let me know?!

Just out of interest, where are you guys in France? I'm also on my year abroad, in Paris :biggrin:

I'm on my year abroad too, but in Germany :smile: Lately I've been to the GS networking event and was told by the recruiter that they would start reviewing the applications after the deadline. Obviously, there are some people who got offers already but they were in some "exceptional circumstances". I'm talking about Asset Management but I think it applies to "non-IBD" divisions too :smile:

In general, I got the impression that they are recruiting S&T, IBD, and Technology first and then the rest. They have much more places for those three divisions than for Asset Management or Private Banking. Usually there are max 10 places for each (normally around 5), so it makes sense to wait until the deadline.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending