The Student Room Group

law advice....

Hey I have a situation, and I reckon this is the best place for advice.

I bought a train ticket the other day, a train ticket which I thought was the cheapest option. Five minutes later in the search I found a cheaper option which wasn't shown before. I know this ticket was available for my particular train with almost identical terms and conditions (which means I could have bought and used the ticket) before, but thought it had sold out when I bought my more expensive ticket. The transfer/cancellation fee is more than the difference in tickets.

Do I have some sort of right because they weren't showing their information correctly?

All help would be appreciated :smile:
Not really no, I have just studied e-commerce.
You have no comeback at all. They can sell you anything that you're willing to buy. They don't have to offer you the cheapest.
Reply 3
minicoopa
Hey I have a situation, and I reckon this is the best place for advice.

I bought a train ticket the other day, a train ticket which I thought was the cheapest option. Five minutes later in the search I found a cheaper option which wasn't shown before. I know this ticket was available for my particular train with almost identical terms and conditions (which means I could have bought and used the ticket) before, but thought it had sold out when I bought my more expensive ticket. The transfer/cancellation fee is more than the difference in tickets.

Do I have some sort of right because they weren't showing their information correctly?

All help would be appreciated :smile:

Caveat Emptor :wink:

Also, do you really honestly think a student forum is a good place to get legal advice. Most people on here have little more legal knowledge than you. There are a few exceptions of course.
Ethereal
Caveat Emptor :wink:

Also, do you really honestly think a student forum is a good place to get legal advice. Most people on here have little more legal knowledge than you. There are a few exceptions of course.

He got the answer in two posts. It's not that bad, is it?
Reply 5
Platocrates
He got the answer in two posts. It's not that bad, is it?

Yes. He doesn't know how qualified the person answering is. For all he knows, theyy could have made it up.
Ethereal
Yes. He doesn't know how qualified the person answering is. For all he knows, theyy could have made it up.

Vrai.
Hmmm, may be the scenario is from a legal problem question he/she has to to answer and he/she didn't want us to know that :wink:
dont over-analyse... but yeah, bad idea to ask for advice on forums normally...
Reply 9
Ethereal
There are a few exceptions of course.

LOL :biggrin:

Obviously you mean me :wink: :cool: :p:

xx

Latest

Trending

Trending