The Student Room Group

A Few UCAS Application Questions...

- Would I enter AS and Pending A2 results separately for the same subject, or would I enter just a whole A Level subject as pending? (If the first option: how to set an A2 as pending?).

- For a National Diploma in Applied Science, our tutor has decided to not send our work in until the end of the second year, so as yet we have no BTEC credifications. So how would I enter this in UCAS?
(Really confused about this)

- If our results are sent into UCAS anyway, will it be 'alright' if a slight error is made when announcing results through the application process, I.e. would they recognise that what we submit only does not match watch they get sent, and correct it for us, etc?

I apologize if I lack any saline information, and any help is much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Davalla
- Would I enter AS and Pending A2 results separately for the same subject, or would I enter just a whole A Level subject as pending? (If the first option: how to set an A2 as pending?).

- For a National Diploma in Applied Science, our tutor has decided to not send our work in until the end of the second year, so as yet we have no BTEC credifications. So how would I enter this in UCAS?
(Really confused about this)

- If our results are sent into UCAS anyway, will it be 'alright' if a slight error is made when announcing results through the application process, I.e. would they recognise that what we submit only does not match watch they get sent, and correct it for us, etc?

I apologize if I lack any saline information, and any help is much appreciated.

Separate

Put that as pending

I dont know what you mean by this do not lie on your UCAS application
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
Separate

Put that as pending

I dont know what you mean by this do not lie on your UCAS application

Much appreciated.

In the final paragraph I meant that if I made a mistake in declaring grades, e.g.- declaring a Single Award rather than a Double Award subject; would this be corrected seeing as they would automatically get my results sent to them?
Reply 3
Original post by Davalla
Much appreciated.

In the final paragraph I meant that if I made a mistake in declaring grades, e.g.- declaring a Single Award rather than a Double Award subject; would this be corrected seeing as they would automatically get my results sent to them?

Show your teachers your application before you send it off they will know exactly what your subject is
Reply 4
Original post by Davalla
Much appreciated.

The results are sent through to UCAS, who will play snap with the results you listed. If it matches, then great! If it doesn't, someone has to look into it. This takes time, and as results matching happens around results day it will cause delay in seeing whether you met your offer. You then have the stress of not knowing if your uni has accepted you - and it's twice as stressful as everyone around you is celebrating. You've also got the added fear that if you're not accepted, all the good places in Clearing are going.

So yes, it can be corrected, but it's in your best interests not to make a mistake. If you're unsure, check with a teacher (or your certificates) before submitting. Check everything in January again just in case. When you enter for summer exams, and just after you've done all exams, check again. It is much easier to rectify a mistake if it's caught before results day. If you find out early enough, it's fine. If you find out on Thursday August whatever, you're spending valuable drinking time on the phone.

Would you prefer to sit in the pub drinking, or sit at home by the phone worrying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending