The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
looks great!!! will be joining many a society!!! though, probably not at york now that ive failed my exams (and am going to fail chem and french on tuesday! :frown: :frown: !!!!
University of York
York
Reply 21
Emma18
looks great!!! will be joining many a society!!! though, probably not at york now that ive failed my exams (and am going to fail chem and french on tuesday! :frown: :frown: !!!!

Not just me whos failed then :biggrin:
Reply 22
"ditto"
:frown:
Reply 23
i definitly like the look of the clubbing society which tries to liven up an already half dead York by mostly leaving it to go to leeds clubs!undefined
Reply 24
well, I haven't actually recieved an offer yet, but I like the sound of york student community action, world cinema, indie, french society, york pride, lit soc, any magazine of the uni, amnesty international....
Reply 25
I want to join one of those geeky societies where people dress up as medievil knights and ladies and challenge someone to a 'dual'. Are there any of those at York?

Lady Lancelot of Camelot x

Actually....do you think with that new Kng Auther (can't spell his stupid name) film coming out such a society would be quite popular.

I might found one myself!!!! Those who will join me on my quest say 'AYE'!!
Reply 26
piranha85
I want to join one of those geeky societies where people dress up as medievil knights and ladies and challenge someone to a 'dual'. Are there any of those at York?

Actually....do you think with that new Kng Auther (can't spell his stupid name) film coming out such a society would be quite popular.

You mean join a medieval re-enactment group? Like http://www.medieval-siege-society.co.uk/ ? :smile:
Reply 27
Soulfish
You mean join a medieval re-enactment group? Like http://www.medieval-siege-society.co.uk/ ? :smile:

yes like that one! I would feel so Monty Python/Blackadder-esque

Do you belong to this one? Are you in any of the pictures?
Reply 28
piranha85
yes like that one! I would feel so Monty Python/Blackadder-esque

Do you belong to this one? Are you in any of the pictures?

I don't belong to them, but a friend of mine does. Interesting when you go to one of the events and you watch them all charge into each other :tongue:
Reply 29
where can you find the list of societies at the university?
Reply 30
piranha85

AYE! I be a big fan of medieval reanactments. And they have a society called the 'Medieval Society' where they go sample medieval pubs in york and attend the occasional medieval reanactment. I'll definately be joining!

Latest