The Student Room Group

Law offers 2015

Scroll to see replies

I have applied for LLM and LNAT is required for undergrads bro...
Original post by GeschichteJunge
You got an offer from Durham, an LNAT uni, without doing the LNAT??:redface: How?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm international and have to sit the LNAT… probably the location matters, some countries do not have a lot of exam centres.
I'm an international student from NYC. I applied for Law at Oxford, Durham, KCL, Glasgow and Exeter, and my application was sent in last Friday. So far, I've only received confirmation emails from Oxford, KCL and Exeter. I took the LNAT yesterday, so I hope that now that I've taken it the offers start rolling in... :redface:
Original post by pallabdas
Yes i did from Durham .. now i am confused as to which one is better durham or QMUL... i am still waiting for oxbridge.. what shud i do.. plz let me know

Durham will make you more employable than QMUL. QMUL has a very good law school (better than its reputation says, from what I understand), but Durham has history on its side.
I am an international student, I didnt sit for LNAT.

I'm an international student as well but I sure as hell had to do the LNAT for Durham to even consider my application.

What's so special about you ??
Reply 45
AAA from Exeter today :smile:
Reply 46
AAB from Exeter (predicted A*AA so really pleased)
J
Original post by superduperweirdo
I'm an international student as well but I sure as hell had to do the LNAT for Durham to even consider my application.

What's so special about you ??

See buddy I have no clue. U shud be happy than zealous. Good luck.
Have any of you even received an acknowledgement email from Durham? I haven't
Original post by rachwilko03
Anyone had any law offers yet?

Original post by eggpotato
Not me. :sigh:

Yes i did from Durham .. now i am confused as to which one is better durham or QMUL... i am still waiting for oxbridge.. what shud i do.. plz let me know

Original post by Posiedon12
I received an offer from Kent for Law but I am still waiting on Warwick and Leicester. UCL won't look at my application till my LNAT tomorrow.

Original post by acireric
DURHAM LAW oh goodness, already!!! Congrats!

Original post by Caitlan
No offers yet

Applied to: Oxford
LSE
KCL
Durham
QMUL

I doubt I'll be hearing anything positive from the 3 that wanted LNAT after how badly it went today

Original post by zimbo97
Got one from Newcastle on Monday

Original post by Caitlan
Sorry to hear about that
I just didn't take anything in

The essay choices were nice though

I heard back from Queen Mary :smile:

But its definitely not my first choice :frown:

Yes I got a conditional one but I have my sights set on Durham :smile:

i think user returnmigrant summed it up perfectly.

Original post by returnmigrant
An Offer is not a Place.

Plenty of people made offers will either not make it their Firm, or not meet the required grades in August.

And Universities know this.

PS. You may also find that in the small print somewhere the 100% refers not to people who applied, but Peolpe Who Applied AND MET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE.
Original post by Maura Kat
i think user returnmigrant summed it up perfectly.

Thanks for the information (really not intended to sound sarcastic) but I'm pretty sure we all know this.

Getting an offer (particularly the first offer one gets) obviously does not equal a place because that's a long way to go. Rather, to me (and majority of other people, I would assume) it means not getting a rejection, which I think is significant and worth being pleased about!

An offer is the first step... we can worry about offers now and then worry about actually meeting the conditions once the offer's been given
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by eggpotato
Thanks for the information (really not intended to sound sarcastic) but I'm pretty sure we all know this.

Getting an offer (particularly the first offer one gets) obviously does not equal a place because that's a long way to go. Rather, to me (and majority of other people, I would assume) it means not getting a rejection, which I think is signifiant and worth being pleased about!

An offer is the first step... we can worry about offers now and then worry about actually meeting the conditions once the offer's been given

Agreed!
Reply 52
two days after i submitted my application Durham invited me for an 'individual meeting' with one of the reps (I am an international student btw). I submitted my application on October 1st and my 'individual meeting' was on the 15th. I have yet to receive an offer.
ckotol---what happened in the individual meeting ??
I've applied
Cambridge
Durham
LSE
Bristol
Exeter,

got an AAA offer from exeter on friday, but I don't plant to sit my LNAT until november!
Original post by stephanie1803
I've applied
Cambridge
Durham
LSE
Bristol
Exeter,

got an AAA offer from exeter on friday, but I don't plant to sit my LNAT until november!

Congratulations! :biggrin:
When did you send your application out?
Reply 56
How did everyone find the LNAT, and what did you do to prepare for it?
Reply 57
ckotol---what happened in the individual meeting ??

She asked me about my grades and why I wanted to study Law/attend Durham. But the majority of the time she spent answering any questions I had about the school etc

really stressed that Exeter still hasn't given me an offer despite the fact I turned it in Oct 1 :confused::frown:
Original post by ckotool
She asked me about my grades and why I wanted to study Law/attend Durham. But the majority of the time she spent answering any questions I had about the school etc

really stressed that Exeter still hasn't given me an offer despite the fact I turned it in Oct 1 :confused::frown:

you are punishing yourself unnecessarily. the offers will roll in. if you have exams to sit for then jolly well go study for them. if you don't listen to what i say, next year when the exam results are released and you don't do well and you realize you have nowhere to go cos no university wants you then you'll probably wish you had listen to me today. the others here have had no experience with uni applications. i sure do. so i know what i'm talking about.

if you need additional motivation to study well let me tell you this then. if you're a UK/EU student you will be competing for a place at uni against an international student. an international student pays their uni fees upfront. a UK/EU student pays up only after they start earning a certain sum of money and this could take years in some cases. we also now know that many UK/EU students do not pay up their tuition loans but choose to abscond. so who do you think the uni will most like choose if it comes down to having to choose between you and your lousy grades and an international student with slightly better grades? think about what i said. think it through.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10747315/Six-in-10-students-will-have-their-debts-written-off.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/lost-student-loans-worth-5bn-are-written-off-8969066.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-26688018
Reply 59
Can anyone tell me why Law with Politics (LLB) is AAB in the University of Manchester when straight Law is AAA? also does it mean that i would lose out on some oppurtunities that the straight law students get, studying abroad for example? Is it seen as a less prestigous degree to just striaght Law? Just making a few last minute decisions to my choices as i want to send my ucas today and hopefully get offers asap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending