The Student Room Group

OCR (Not MEI) M3 June 2008

It is Q6 part iii) that I cannot complete on this past paper. As I don't know which equation describes the SHM motion? Is it y=0.5sin(1.2t)y=0.5sin(1.2t) or y=0.5cos(1.2t)y=0.5cos(1.2t) or x=0.5sin(1.2t)+2.5x=0.5sin(1.2t)+2.5?

I looked at the mark-scheme and it makes no sense: ''M1 For using y = 0.5sin1.2t to find t0 or y = 0.5cos1.2t to find t1
t0 = 0.53625 .... or t1 = 0.7727….. A1 Principal value may be implied''

Can someone please help me? It can't be right that the same particle can be described by both the equations they mention. Also where did this line "[t0]" come from?

I thought the right way was to differentiate x=0.5sin(1.2t)+2.5x=0.5sin(1.2t)+2.5 wrt time tt and equate to 0.48 and solve to get the 2 different times. But it isn't working.

With best regards,
thank you,
illusion.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Learn Together
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

this chap had no response for a while and I have written the solution to his paper ages ago ...
As the individual has done the question may I attach the solution to his problem as to help using latex is out the question for this question?
Original post by TeeEm
this chap had no response for a while and I have written the solution to his paper ages ago ...
As the individual has done the question may I attach the solution to his problem as to help using latex is out the question for this question?

Hi there, if you have a solution i'd be very interested to see it,

regards,
illusion
Reply 4
Original post by ILLUSION-ZONE
Hi there, if you have a solution i'd be very interested to see it,

regards,
illusion

Original post by TeeEm

THIS POST IS FOR THE ATTENTION OF SOMEBODY WHO CAN ADVICE ME ON THE RULES

Can I post full solutions to this exam question for this individual?
Original post by TeeEm
THIS POST IS FOR THE ATTENTION OF SOMEBODY WHO CAN ADVICE ME ON THE RULES

Can I post full solutions to this exam question for this individual?

The answer is yes, you can post full worked solutions to exam questions on this site,

so please do, as i am desperate to understand this one.

Thank you

Best regards,
illusion
Original post by teeem
this post is for the attention of somebody who can advice me on the rules

can i post full solutions to this exam question for this individual?

someone in authority please answer him
Reply 7
Original post by ILLUSION-ZONE
someone in authority please answer him

Nobody answers.
I am on warning for posting full solutions ...
Send PM with email and I will attach you the zip

Quick Reply