The Student Room Group

Blew my student loan on Fresher's week?

I'm without a job for the minute... I'm almost broke... and I'm in dire need for some money.

The only person who would give me any money is my dad, but he gave me £500 last month...

I don't know what to do :frown: ?

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;suUxA3sS2zg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suUxA3sS2zg[/video]
Reply 2
Original post by somemightsay888

Brilliant:laugh:
Reply 3
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
I'm without a job for the minute... I'm almost broke... and I'm in dire need for some money.

The only person who would give me any money is my dad, but he gave me £500 last month...

Try and get a job? only thing you can really do at the moment
Original post by RYAN1872
Try and get a job? only thing you can really do at the moment

I've been to many places to try and get at least a handy job with minimum wage, but no one has taken me on board.

My CV is up to scratch and my results too.
Original post by somemightsay888

Best video for the **** I'm in right now :biggrin:

Ahhh the first taste of independence learning curve. Go into your overdraft. You don't have much choice lol and learn from this
Reply 7
I've been to many places to try and get at least a handy job with minimum wage, but no one has taken me on board.

My CV is up to scratch and my results too.

To be honest just keep trying make your cv look like its bull**** but its not and just make yourself look the best but don't lie just over react about everything haha i hope it goes well asap:smile:
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Ahhh the first taste of independence learning curve. Go into your overdraft. You don't have much choice lol and learn from this

I've got about £120 left before I go into my £250 overdraft ... I should call HSBC and open a student account, because their overdraft is £1000 ... This is going to be a **** couple of months ...

How much money was your Student Loan?
Just eat like a loaf of bread a day without anything but milk. That works out at only around £1 a day max I'd say.
To be honest just keep trying make your cv look like its bull**** but its not and just make yourself look the best but don't lie just over react about everything haha i hope it goes well asap:smile:

My CV is filled to the brim ... there's nothing, and I mean nothing, that I can add to it.

Everything is in there: from the A*s in GCSE, to the volunteering work in Chile (for 5 months), passing the 2 weeks experience in the Houses of Parliament.

I've gone to typical student places including Tescos, Asda, Waitrose, Pubs and restaurants - Nothing.
I've got about £120 left before I go into my £250 overdraft ... I should call HSBC and open a student account, because their overdraft is £1000 ... This is going to be a **** couple of months ...

Yep. Bet it's taught you to be careful though! Lol
Original post by Yoshimaidaz
Just eat like a loaf of bread a day without anything but milk. That works out at only around £1 a day max I'd say.

Just made myself some spaghetti with cheese sauce lol

I think I'd die of just milk and bread.

It was just over £1000 :/ ..... yeah.
Reply 13
My CV is filled to the brim ... there's nothing, and I mean nothing, that I can add to it.

Everything is in there: from the A*s in GCSE, to the volunteering work in Chile (for 5 months), passing the 2 weeks experience in the Houses of Parliament.

I've gone to typical student places including Tescos, Asda, Waitrose, Pubs and restaurants - Nothing.

Awww i see:frown: Hope it gets better :smile:
Awww i see:frown: Hope it gets better :smile:

Doubt it at the moment .... from the age of 16 I've been trying to get part time jobs - no luck.

I usually send 5 CVs to different jobs every 2 months.
Just made myself some spaghetti with cheese sauce lol

I think I'd die of just milk and bread.

It was just over £1000 :/ ..... yeah.

How on earth did you spend a grand on freshers???
Original post by Olderandwiser23
How on earth did you spend a grand on freshers???

I've got no idea.

As I've said, a lot of my friends have blown theirs and are knee deep in their overdrafts - I'm not, yet.

I still can't believe I spent so much during fresher's week, especially since I went out maybe three times.

I'm not going to make excuses up for this.
Original post by Yoshimaidaz

Doesn't sound very healthy only eating a loaf of bread a day.
Reply 18
Doubt it at the moment .... from the age of 16 I've been trying to get part time jobs - no luck.

I usually send 5 CVs to different jobs every 2 months.

In Scotland it is very different l don't have the best grades but i could easily get a decent job( not being a dick) do you gamble or anything like that ?
I've got no idea.

As I've said, a lot of my friends have blown theirs and are knee deep in their overdrafts - I'm not, yet.

I still can't believe I spent so much during fresher's week, especially since I went out maybe three times.

I'm not going to make excuses up for this.

So you didn't actually buy anything? Laptop/clothes? It was all on booze and food?

So crazy! Oh well like I said! Learning curve

Quick Reply

Latest