The Student Room Group

Decisions - How did you get on? Tell us here...

Several of you are lucky enough to have heard from some of your choices already - here's a thread to let everyone else know how you got on. A suggested format is:

Course applied for:
Predicted/Actual Grades:
Decision:
If Offer, the conditions:

Reaction:

Want to know what's happening with other people applying for your course or uni? Find others like you here.

A couple of points:

if you don't understand your offer, contact the uni for clarification ASAP and do this by email, so that you have a record in case of queries later

if you are one of those people whose decisions all come in early, don't be in too much of a rush to pick your Firm and insurance choices. The earliest deadline for making up your mind is 6 May, so there is no need to rush things in January or February, and every reason not to. You would be surprised how many people are posting on here in June or July wanting to change their minds, having been absolutely certain of their decision in February. Things can change a great deal in just a few weeks, so don't commit yourself sooner than you have to.

When the decision is 'unsuccessful'
For those of you who have been unsuccessful, you can try asking the uni for feedback as to why, but usually you won't get anything particularly helpful or detailed. Most people are unsuccessful with at least one of their choices, and in that case it's generally best to heave a sigh and move on.

However, if you are finding that the rejections are coming in faster than offers, try not to lose heart. There will be something out there for you (and it may turn out a lot better for you than your original choices would have done). You only need one offer, after all. Remember too that if the worst comes to the worst there is also the option of Extra, which starts on 25 February.

Keep faith with yourself - these rejections are not about you personally - so often it's a numbers game, and yours just didn't come up. If you can see from looking back over your application that perhaps you were a bit ambitious or overlooked some important requirement you can't meet, this is where UCAS Extra really comes into its own, as you can start again with another choice, and even submit an updated personal statement if you have new things to say that are relevant.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course applied for: Politics and Economics at Sheffield
Predicted/Actual Grades:
A*A*A
Decision:
Conditional offer
AAB
Reaction: Happy because it is my first offer, but it is only my back up so not too elated :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie S
Course applied for: Politics and Economics at Sheffield
Predicted/Actual Grades:
A*A*A
Decision:
Conditional offer
AAB
Reaction: Happy because it is my first offer, but it is only my back up so not too elated :smile:

Me again :smile:

Course applied for: Politics and Economics at Surrey
Predicted/Actual Grades:
A*A*A
Decision:
Conditional offer
A*AA
Reaction: Quite happy but my second worst uni, getting them in reverse order!!!
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie S
Me again :smile:

Course applied for: Politics and Economics at Surrey
Predicted/Actual Grades:
A*A*A
Decision:
Conditional offer
A*AA
Reaction: Quite happy but my second worst uni, getting them in reverse order!!!
Well, having a couple of offers in the bag is always a good place to be :smile:
Course applied for:colone:nglish and American Lit and creative writing at kent!
Predicted/Actual Grades: aaab / dropped an a so aab predicted a*aa/ think ill get a*ab/a*aa.
Decision: offer
aab
[B]Reaction: screams! Happy! Possibly my firm but we'll see what happens :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Course applied for: MSc Natural Sciences at Leicester
Predicted grades:
A*AA
Decision:
Offer
Conditions:
AAA
Reaction:
Pretty good. It's my bottom choice, but still glad to have an offer :smile:Course applied for: MSc Natural Sciences (with study abroad) at Lancaster
Decision:
Offer
Conditions:
Unconditional
Reaction:
Wow. Was not expecting that. It has certainly calmed me down though - I'm going to uni!
Original post by aerisia
Course applied for: MSc Natural Sciences at Leicester
Predicted grades:
A*AA
Decision:
Offer
Conditions:
AAA
Reaction:
Pretty good. It's my bottom choice, but still glad to have an offer :smile:Course applied for: MSc Natural Sciences (with study abroad) at Lancaster
Decision:
Offer
Conditions:
Unconditional
Reaction:
Wow. Was not expecting that. It has certainly calmed me down though - I'm going to uni!

Wow an unconditional! Congratz!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course applied for: Biological sciences at UEA
Predicted/Actual Grades: predicted A*AA in maths, chemistry and biology
Decision: Offer
If Offer, the conditions: ABB
Reaction: Happy! It's not my first choice but at least it means I've got somewhere if all else fails and it suggests my statement was good so I will hopefully get offers elsewhere.
Reply 8
Course applied for: Psychology (BSc) at University of Bristol
Predicted/Actual Grades: A* A* A*
If Offer, the conditions: AAA
Reaction: Very pleased! Application was received friday morning, had a response friday afternoon
:smile:
University of Chester
Applied for lit and creative writing
As aaab (dropped an a so aab)
Predicted a*aa
Offer bcc
Reaction yay insurance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Newcastle university
Applied for english lit with creative writing
Grades aaab dropped an a so aab
Predicted a*aa
Offer aaa
Reaction: it's my fourth choice atm (but that could all change when i visit it) so super happy anyway!!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course applied for: Forensic Science
Predicted/Actual grades:
Not sure what my predicteds are but my AS went AAAB. Resitting a physics module because my B was one mark off an A!:angry:
Decision: Conditional from LJMU, Kent, Lincoln, and UWE. Unconditional from Bournemouth!
Conditions: BBB, with at least a B in Chemistry (at least a C for LJMU which is where I reeeeeally wanna go).
Reaction: My reaction?:zomg::yikes::yeah::woohoo::woo::w00t::surprise::shock::rofl::rock::nutcase::noway::lolwut::headfire::happy2::h::grin::groovy::gasp::gah::excited::eek2::eek3::eek4::eek::crazy::colondollar::blushing::blush::bigsmile::biggrin::banana::badger::awesome::K: all at once.:colondollar:
Reply 12
Course applied for: English at Royal Holloway
Predicted/Actual Grades: ABB
Decision: Conditional offer
If Offer, the conditions: ABB
Reaction: Over the moon as I am an (almost!) mature, non traditional applicant and expected them to automatically reject!
Course applied for: Biological sciences at Lancaster
Predicted/Actual Grades: Predicted A*AA
If Offer, the conditions: AAB
Reaction: WOOOOOOO :biggrin: :awesome::crown::excited::grin::happy2::ike::thumbsup::w00t::woo: It's where I really want to go
Original post by izpenguin
Course applied for: Biological sciences at Lancaster
Predicted/Actual Grades: Predicted A*AA
If Offer, the conditions: AAB
Reaction: WOOOOOOO :biggrin: :awesome::crown::excited::grin::happy2::ike::thumbsup::w00t::woo: It's where I really want to go

Congratz! I got an offer from lancaster the other day as_well! I think it may be my firm :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Congratz! I got an offer from lancaster the other day as_well! I think it may be my firm :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Congratulations to you too :smile:
Original post by izpenguin
Thank you :smile:
Congratulations to you too :smile:

Thankyouu:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course applied for: Geography and international development with overseas experience at UEA
Predicted/Actual Grades:AAA predicted got ABBBBCE at AS level (retook the year and did declare these on my form)
Decision: Offer/unconditional offer
Unconditional offer if I put them as my firm choice or ABB if it is my insurance
Reaction: Really happy took just over 10 hours to get back to me so my personal statement and reference must have been really good since I did not do the best at GCSE and obviously retook AS levels although all my grades are very high my psychology was almost 90% overall after getting a E last year and also high B's in Economics and geography so the predictions are realistic.

I don't know about my reaction as it is one of my top 3... really want an offer from Leicester or York and I don't know if I will firm the unconditional offer if I do get an offer from one of these unis???
Course applied for:
York - Biomedical Sciences (with a year in industry)(and integrated masters)
Bath - Biomedical Sciences (with a year in industry)
Exeter -
Biological Sciences (with a year in industry)
Leeds - Biomedical Science (with a year in industry)
Predicted/Actual Grades: A*A*A
Decision: Somehow these 4 unis have given me all conditional offers already!!
If Offer, the conditions: AAA-AAB
Reaction:
:ahee::ahhhhh::badger::banana2:

Now I'm just waiting on Oxford to see if I get an interview... :confused:
Course applied for: Business Management at Uni of Birmingham
Predicted grades: A*AAA
Conditions: UNCONDITIONAL :smile:)
Reaction: :biggrin: :smile: :wink::2euk48l:[s]:banana::badger:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending