The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

2015/16 Unconditional firmers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Leanne1455
They should have sent a letter through the post with an offer guide. There should be a Uni ID number at the top of the letter. If you go into the accommodation page on the website and click on apply online you will be asked to input your university ID and request a password which you changed after. You can then apply for accommodation and change your choices as many times as you want until a given date. I emailed them about when the unconditional offer will show up as unconditional on UCAS and they said they will be manually changing the information in May but you will be unconditional on their systems. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That helps a lot, thanks! I had an irrational fear that they'd sent it out in error :ahee: What are you studying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Tremmel
That helps a lot, thanks! I had an irrational fear that they'd sent it out in error :ahee: What are you studying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm studying modern languages so German and Italian with translation studies. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I'm studying modern languages so German and Italian with translation studies. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ancient and Medieval History. I'm probably gonna sort out accommodation tonight... just going for the cheapest..
Original post by Tremmel
Ancient and Medieval History. I'm probably gonna sort out accommodation tonight... just going for the cheapest..

I've gone for mason, Victoria hall and Jarrett

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Just sent off my application: applied for Pritchatts House Global Community - flats of 18 people from across the world sounds fun! But weird I had to write 250 words though
Original post by Tremmel
Just sent off my application: applied for Pritchatts House Global Community - flats of 18 people from across the world sounds fun! But weird I had to write 250 words though

I've heard the kitchens aren't that nice there. I can't imagine a flat share with 18 people though- seems way too many for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Does anyone have any advice on whether I should accept my unconditional for history at bham or go to Leeds, providing I get 3As????! I have no idea because I love them both!
Original post by idorsey
Does anyone have any advice on whether I should accept my unconditional for history at bham or go to Leeds, providing I get 3As????! I have no idea because I love them both!

I was in this dilemma with Birmingham and Nottingham. In the end I accepted Birminghams unconditional. Mainly on the basis that I liked them both equally but the fact that with Birmingham accommodation allocation changing this year where the unconditionals receive accommodation offers first means that I know I am almost guaranteed the accommodation I like and want. I now know I am definitely going to Uni next year which means I can start buying things, opening student bank accounts etc. I just think the unconditional was more convenient for me but I guess you have to go where your heart tells you. Hope it all works out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I've heard the kitchens aren't that nice there. I can't imagine a flat share with 18 people though- seems way too many for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The kitchens do look like they'd fit more in a school canteen, they're very industrial, but I suppose they have to be for that large a group of people. I don't really know what to expect out of such large flats, but living with people who are from around the world sounds like it'll be so fun.
Does anyone have any advice? I have an unconditional for Birmingham to study English literature. I have narrowed down my choices to Birmingham and York, who have offered me 3a's. I really love the course at York, but I'm worried about the grades. I was considering firming Birmingham and insuring York, does anyone know if I got 3a's and changed my mind, whether I could reject Birmingham on results day, providing that there was availability at York??
Original post by carysjones10
Does anyone have any advice? I have an unconditional for Birmingham to study English literature. I have narrowed down my choices to Birmingham and York, who have offered me 3a's. I really love the course at York, but I'm worried about the grades. I was considering firming Birmingham and insuring York, does anyone know if I got 3a's and changed my mind, whether I could reject Birmingham on results day, providing that there was availability at York??

I think you can do that and go into Clearing, but with that you might have a disadvantage of not being on a course / accommodation. This happened to a friend I know last year who went into clearing for Manchester. I think ultimately it's up to you, York and Birmingham are great universities and either one you choose it will be great!
Reply 31

I didn't think you get an insurance choice when accepting an unconditional?? Or do you??
Original post by idorsey
I didn't think you get an insurance choice when accepting an unconditional?? Or do you??

You technically do, but Birmingham accept you anyway, because I haven't had anything from Royal Holloway who were my ensurance and I've been accepted by Birmingham? So you do, and you don't?

I was told that if you firm an offer and meet the requirements (which you will do automatically if you firm an unconditional) you CANNOT change your mind on results day and go to your insurance! You need to firm whichever one you want to go to :smile:.
Reply 34
Just firmed for Biomedical Science! Super scary that it's not unconditional on UCAS yet (unconditional if firm) as I haven't put an insurance :confused: see you all in September!
Reply 35
Original post by emmatlsp
Just firmed for Biomedical Science! Super scary that it's not unconditional on UCAS yet (unconditional if firm) as I haven't put an insurance :confused: see you all in September!

Don't worry, it changed in a week or so for me
I'm also definitely going to Birmingham next September :smile:

I'm currently on a gap year and am going to be studying Medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've firmed my unconditional for international business and Spanish :smile: applied for accommodation with Mason as my top choice! So excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
just accepted my unconditional offer today to study English Language- any tips on accomodation would be appreciated(':
Original post by emmatlsp

same thing happened to me!! thought it was odd that it asked me to make an insurance choice too but hopefully itll change soon:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending