The Student Room Group

Finding A-level physics really boring

I'm doing A2 now, and I'm disappointed that there isn't more mechanics, which was the only topic that I enjoyed last year. Now that we've finished mechanics, it's become incredibly dull, and I think I'm actually finding it harder as a result (can't focus in lessons or when reading the textbook)
Anyone else feeling this way about one of their subjects? Or got any suggestions for making it through the year?
Thanks
Original post by BobbieShamrock
I'm doing A2 now, and I'm disappointed that there isn't more mechanics, which was the only topic that I enjoyed last year. Now that we've finished mechanics, it's become incredibly dull, and I think I'm actually finding it harder as a result (can't focus in lessons or when reading the textbook)
Anyone else feeling this way about one of their subjects? Or got any suggestions for making it through the year?
Thanks

Which exam board are you doing?
Original post by rayquaza17
Which exam board are you doing?

AQA, Physics A
What topics have u just started??
Original post by GrandMasti
What topics have u just started??

Electric fields, why?
Thanks
That happened with me so I can kinda empathise, the only real thing I can say is persevere with it. Sometimes I would do some background reading on my topics (for understanding primarily) but that did help make it more interesting at times. Hope it gets better for you!
Original post by arcanum96
That happened with me so I can kinda empathise, the only real thing I can say is persevere with it. Sometimes I would do some background reading on my topics (for understanding primarily) but that did help make it more interesting at times. Hope it gets better for you!

Thank you for the reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone I know seems to love it but I find it so dull...
Thank you for the reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone I know seems to love it but I find it so dull...

Trust, I felt the same way! Even considered dropping but couldn't since it would look odd as it's preferable if I have it for my degree

Quick Reply

Latest