The Student Room Group

Irish student, studying in Cambridge, living in France. Ask me anything!

So yeah, the title says it all. Irish (from the North), studying languages at Cambridge, and currently spending a year living, working, drinking coffee and eating lots of pastries in France. Ask me anything. I'm waiting for dinner to cook.
Original post by camaieu
So yeah, the title says it all. Irish (from the North), studying languages at Cambridge, and currently spending a year living, working, drinking coffee and eating lots of pastries in France. Ask me anything. I'm waiting for dinner to cook.

What are you studying?
Why are you in France?
Are you finding it difficult to live life in france due to language barriers, or do most people speak english these days in france too ?
What is your name ?

:P
do you have one of those Irish names which look like a bad scrabble hand but sound cute ?
Reply 3
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
What are you studying?
Why are you in France?
Are you finding it difficult to live life in france due to language barriers, or do most people speak english these days in france too ?
What is your name ?

:P

I'm working at a translation agency for a year :smile: As far as the language barrier goes, the French isn't really an issue. Living in another country and having to immerse yourself in their culture means that you adapt, at least linguistically, very quickly. I'd rather not reveal my real name, but I go by the name of Kitty. :smile:

Original post by the bear
do you have one of those Irish names which look like a bad scrabble hand but sound cute ?

Haha, my legal name is Irish, but Anglicized Irish, so that it can be easily pronounced. :tongue: The Irish-Irish version of my name is a nightmare to spell and pronounce!
Original post by camaieu
I'm working at a translation agency for a year :smile: As far as the language barrier goes, the French isn't really an issue. Living in another country and having to immerse yourself in their culture means that you adapt, at least linguistically, very quickly. I'd rather not reveal my real name, but I go by the name of Kitty. :smile:

Haha, my legal name is Irish, but Anglicized Irish, so that it can be easily pronounced. :tongue: The Irish-Irish version of my name is a nightmare to spell and pronounce!

How tall are you ?
Is it true than Irish people love beer ?
Reply 5
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
How tall are you ?
Is it true than Irish people love beer ?

5"4
And yeah, most Irish people like beer, although we don't all drink Guinness. That being said, I'm convinced that Guinness tastes better in Ireland.
do you eat seaweed ?
Reply 7
Original post by the bear
do you eat seaweed ?

Haha, I don't eat dulse. Icky.
Reply 8
Original post by camaieu
Haha, I don't eat dulse. Icky.

Is your name spelt anything like it's pronounced?
Reply 9
Original post by AdamCee
Is your name spelt anything like it's pronounced?

The Irish version isn't!
Original post by camaieu
The Irish version isn't!

How's it spelled..?
Reply 11
Original post by AdamCee
How's it spelled..?

Caitríona!
Is your surname Byrne?(this is quite a famous surname)
Do you like Irish coffee?
Are you from Wexford?(I assume you are from Dublin)
P.S I was dating an Irish girl last year XD

Quick Reply

Latest