The Student Room Group

Has anyone received offers for English Literature yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aislingsheehy
How long did it take to get offers from Birmingham and Bristol from when you sent it?

Got acknowledgements within a couple days from both
Birmingham replied in 6 days and Bristol in 10 which was interesting considering Bristol are notoriously slow in responding i.e. normally don't make offers before late jan/feb so maybe they've changed their policies and are replying sooner now :biggrin:
Original post by JackDavis_
Got acknowledgements within a couple days from both
Birmingham replied in 6 days and Bristol in 10 which was interesting considering Bristol are notoriously slow in responding i.e. normally don't make offers before late jan/feb so maybe they've changed their policies and are replying sooner now :biggrin:

Oooo that's so fab!! Anyway congrats!! and thanks for the info:smile:
Just got an offer from Birmingham - unconditional if firm and AAB if not! 😁

Exactly a week later if anyone else has applied and is wondering about time frames :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Just got an offer from Birmingham - unconditional if firm and AAB if not! 😁

Exactly a week later if anyone else has applied and is wondering about time frames :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied exactly a week ago so it isn't looking good for offers!
What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
ive applied for Kings, London met, Greenwich, Oxford and Westminster
been acknowledged by all but havent got offers or anything yet ;(
Reply 65
Original post by Gee1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied a week ago tomorrow!:s-smilie: but I've applied for joint honours so will probably take longer! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me what you need to be good at to be a primary school english teacher?
Do you need maths to be an english teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by libbispr96
I applied a week ago tomorrow!:s-smilie: but I've applied for joint honours so will probably take longer! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least somebody's in the same boat as me! I'm applying for straight Literature, so it's a little scary when people are getting offers from unis I've applied to and I'm sat in my room refreshing track :tongue:

No news is good news- at least, that's what I'm telling myself!
Reply 68
I had AAAC at AS and A*A*AABBBBBBBCC at GCSE. Predicted A*A*A. Applied to Oxford, Durham, Edinbugh, Leeds and Bristol. I have had offers from Bristol and Leeds so far after sending my application in mid September. I would be happy going to any of my choices but its reassuring to know!
Original post by Gee1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

No don't think that way! No news is good news:smile: And from what I've seen of Birmingham on here the response time varies a LOT; I know it's easier said than done but try not to panic!
By stats do you mean grades? I got four As at AS, predicted an A* in my EPQ and predicted A*AA for this year!
Where else have you applied?:smile:
Reply 70
No don't think that way! No news is good news:smile: And from what I've seen of Birmingham on here the response time varies a LOT; I know it's easier said than done but try not to panic!
By stats do you mean grades? I got four As at AS, predicted an A* in my EPQ and predicted A*AA for this year!
Where else have you applied?:smile:

That's what I keep telling myself, haha :tongue:

Yeah, that's what I meant, that's pretty much the same as me!

I applied to Oxford, Leeds, Warwick and Newcastle, you?
Just got York! AAA, so excited :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by wendlabergmann
Just got York! AAA, so excited :biggrin:

AMAZING!! I didn't apply to York as it's too close to where i live!:L
Good luck!!
Original post by libbispr96
AMAZING!! I didn't apply to York as it's too close to where i live!:L
Good luck!!

Thank you!!! I'm visiting there Sunday anyway (we're seeing my brother at Durham over the weekend) so I'll get to see it then. ^-^ I get how you feel about the closeness thing -- I refused to apply to anywhere in London.
Original post by Gee1234
That's what I keep telling myself, haha :tongue:

Yeah, that's what I meant, that's pretty much the same as me!

I applied to Oxford, Leeds, Warwick and Newcastle, you?

Oh buzzing!! and obvs Birmingham, then Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter and Royal Holloway:smile:
Reply 75
Original post by wendlabergmann
Thank you!!! I'm visiting there Sunday anyway (we're seeing my brother at Durham over the weekend) so I'll get to see it then. ^-^ I get how you feel about the closeness thing -- I refused to apply to anywhere in London.

York is gorgeous!! I wanted to apply to UCL but i will get no maintenance loan as it is, so applying to London just wouldn't work out. I would be broke.
Reply 76
My ucas hasnt been processed yet, but I am so happy I have finally decided on my 5 unis haha..

Warwick, Exeter, Surrey, Loughborough and Kent☺️

Clearly cannot hack the coldness or journeys too far North!
Reply 77
Oh buzzing!! and obvs Birmingham, then Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter and Royal Holloway:smile:

All awesome unis haha :tongue: I live in Notts so I obviously think it's the best choice :wink:
Reply 78
i just got an offer for lit from Greenwich!
Reply 79
I just got an offer from Birmingham :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending