The Student Room Group

Has anyone received offers for English Literature yet?

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has received, or knows of anyone who has received, of any offers to study english lit? i am conscious that little have gone out and it is mainly those wishing to study science who have received offers quickly.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!

I am planning to send my applications in for English Lit in the next few days! Just curious what your choices are?☺️☺️☺️

Laura
Reply 2
Sending mine in next week as well :smile:
Sent mine off Monday! Applied for Exeter, Birmingham, Royal Holloway, Bristol and Nottingham, so far I've got acknowledgements from the first two but nothing yet from the others - early days though!
Reply 4
Original post by aislingsheehy
Sent mine off Monday! Applied for Exeter, Birmingham, Royal Holloway, Bristol and Nottingham, so far I've got acknowledgements from the first two but nothing yet from the others - early days though!

Sound like great choices! Just out of interested because I'm thinking of Birmingham and Bristol too.. What are your AS results and predictions?☺️ Thanks xx
Original post by LJDRx
Sound like great choices! Just out of interested because I'm thinking of Birmingham and Bristol too.. What are your AS results and predictions?☺️ Thanks xx

I got four As at AS and I'm predicted A*AA with the A* in English Lit. Bristol require an A* but Birmingham make offers at AAB, they're both lovely unis and I loved the courses so definitely check them out! Where else are you thinking?:smile:
Reply 6
I got four As at AS and I'm predicted A*AA with the A* in English Lit. Bristol require an A* but Birmingham make offers at AAB, they're both lovely unis and I loved the courses so definitely check them out! Where else are you thinking?:smile:

Oh wow congratulations, amazing results! You've got a brilliant chance then of an offer. I got 3A's &1B at AS, and predicted A*AA at A2 with the A* in English Lit like yourself☺️. Atm I am applying to Birmingham, Surrey and Loughborough! But am keen on Bristol and Warwick too!xx
Original post by LJDRx
Oh wow congratulations, amazing results! You've got a brilliant chance then of an offer. I got 3A's &1B at AS, and predicted A*AA at A2 with the A* in English Lit like yourself☺️. Atm I am applying to Birmingham, Surrey and Loughborough! But am keen on Bristol and Warwick too!xx

Wow you too well done and great choices!! You'll be having offers thrown at you! xx
Reply 8
Wow you too well done and great choices!! You'll be having offers thrown at you! xx

Thanks and you girly!xx
Reply 9
Original post by LJDRx
Hi!

I am planning to send my applications in for English Lit in the next few days! Just curious what your choices are?☺️☺️☺️

Laura

Predicted A*A*A and I've applied to Cambridge Edinburgh Warwick Nottingham and Birmingham x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer from Lancaster for Eng Lit & CW 😊
Reply 11
Original post by TwoLimes
I have an offer from Lancaster for Eng Lit & CW 😊

Well done!!!! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to York, Cambridge, Bristol, Leeds and Durham with 4 As at AS and predicted A*A*A* at A Level (English Lit, History, RS). Offer from York so far =)
Applied to Durham, Exeter, Bristol, York and Durham. Got an offer from York at AAA, but I know someone who's already got a Bristol offer... Panicking because I really want an offer from Bristol! I'm predicted A*A*A with a B in my dropped AS...
I've applied to Exeter and Durham for English, have had an acknowledgement from Exeter, nothing from Durham and no offers to speak of.
Reply 15
Original post by libbispr96
Predicted A*A*A and I've applied to Cambridge Edinburgh Warwick Nottingham and Birmingham x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thats amazing, good luck with it all!x
Reply 16

Ahhh!! i have all my acknowledgements too!! Really want to get an offer from Notts i loved the campus!
I've had acknowledgements from Cambridge, York, Warwick, and Nottingham, no news from Durham yet -- seems to be the general trend. Refreshing constantly in hope of an offer. :s-smilie:
Applied to Cambridge, York, Exeter, Bristol and KCL with A*A*A*A* predicteds (lit, maths, philosophy, psychology) and 5As at AS. I'm so nervous! I really want just one offer to take the edge off. I have all five acknowledgements, though.
I received an offer from Reading today - about two and a half days after my application went off and it's for ABB or AAC. I'm predicted A*AA and I got AAB in my ASs, which is probably why my offer was so quick. I'm still waiting on Oxford, Edinburgh, Warwick and Nottingham :biggrin:
Carys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending