The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What sort of AS grades have you got?
Reply 2
don't you like english unis? :p:
Reply 3
A - Sport and PE B - Biology C - Maths (re sitting C1 to get B) C - Sociology (3 marks off B waiting for re mark)
If you get ABB predictions at Alevel then most of the good unis will be avaliable.
Reply 5
You should try Lancaster or Newcastle. They are good unis too but with lower offers.
Reply 6
You could try Liverpool, Birmingham, Reading or Durham!!!. Where I am!!
Reply 7
You shoul also try Bath but the will likely to ask for AAB
stupanico
You could try Liverpool, Birmingham, Reading or Durham!!!. Where I am!!

Still 'bigging' up Durham :p:
Reply 9
Im doing a Access course to Computing and doingMaths at level 3 , do most good unis accept students doing Access , i am also taking Business Modulas but not sure if they show on my final grade.
Reply 10
im applying to lboro, manch, LSE, nottingham and kent(as back up) for accounting and finance.....6th slot is Biz management at KCL...
did AS biz, econ and accounting....got AAB.....retaking AS accounting to get an A....
also picked AS maths this year (im in yr13)....so that i have a chance at LSE!....though it seems unlikely...but never say never...i have a kikass accounting and finance personal statement underway....so lets hope for the best!...
Reply 11
LSE is a long shot, cos Accounting and Business Studies are both blacklisted :frown:
Reply 12
RJA
LSE is a long shot, cos Accounting and Business Studies are both blacklisted :frown:

lol....dont get ya mate .....wat ya mean that they're blacklisted ?
Reply 13
Reply 14

oh yeh that....im aware of it mate.....jus playin my luck and applying for LSE....i have a strong p/statement...so lets see....other wise, i know chances of gettin into LSE r minute ...

lbro, nott, manch offer excellent accounting and finance courses though, and they have this blacklist, unlike snobish LSE arses
Reply 15
Abbas Paki

lbro, nott, manch offer excellent accounting and finance courses though, and they have this blacklist, unlike snobish LSE arses

correction: dont have a blacklist:smile:
Reply 16
Good luck :smile:
I'm looking for apply into LSE but i did undertand what is that
"We would not expect to consider students with these qualifications unless they were also taking A levels: had studied for at least one year in a university in their home country, had successfully completed a foundation programme in the UK, or, in some cases, obtained a first degree from a university in their home country. These candidates, too, may be asked to take our entrance examination."
what is a foundation programme?
Reply 18
Motorhead, from looking at your other post, it seems you are a first-year at an Italian university, meaning you are OK to apply for first year entry to LSE anyway. The first year at university counts as a 'foundation', as you have caught up with the British A-level students who will be applying.
RJA
Motorhead, from looking at your other post, it seems you are a first-year at an Italian university, meaning you are OK to apply for first year entry to LSE anyway. The first year at university counts as a 'foundation', as you have caught up with the British A-level students who will be applying.

thanks RJA but they wrote
"had successfully completed a foundation programme in the UK":confused:

yes, I'm at the firt year here, so I'll try to enter into LSE at the first year again and not at the second year as the user "naddles" suggested in another 3d LSE very rarely accept transfers into the second year. I'm only worried about the fact that even If I'll end the studies in 3 years I'll be 26 , I hope that a 26 years old graduared candidate will not be considerated too "old" for i-banking or others Business opportunity job.

Latest