The Student Room Group

Dunno what to do with life.... 😔😔

I got really bad as grades but wanted to medicine. Still not loosing hope. I got low bs in maths and physics, low c in chemistry and medium d in biology. I had no choice but to drop biology because I couldn't get back into school as minimum requirement was 3 C. I am applying for engineering now but I still have my heart set out for medicine. I know no matter what I will definetly become a doctor. However I am only allowed to resit only 3 units. I just don't know what to resit? Please help. These are results I got:
Chemistry unit 1 - 82 (c) unit 2- 62 (d) and unit 3 44 (b)
>>>> Biology unit 1 - 65 (c) unit 2-(70) d unit 3 27 (e)
>>>> Maths core1 - 83 (a) core2 - (a) statistics- 48 (e)
>>>> Physics unit 1 - 82 (c) unit 2 - 78 (c) unit 3 - 50 (a)
Doctor? Sorry, by your results you've lost your chance. Medicine is such an in-demand uni course, anyone who fails is better off doing something else.
Original post by Leeki
I got really bad as grades but wanted to medicine. Still not loosing hope. I got low bs in maths and physics, low c in chemistry and medium d in biology. I had no choice but to drop biology because I couldn't get back into school as minimum requirement was 3 C. I am applying for engineering now but I still have my heart set out for medicine. I know no matter what I will definetly become a doctor. However I am only allowed to resit only 3 units. I just don't know what to resit? Please help. These are results I got:

Hi,

I would recommend you resist the two e's + the one d either from bio/chem- I would say chem as this is the harder A level.

Don't give up, you should do well. You can still pull up to A's. Aim for 3 b's at the least- I know you can do medicine in Europe (particularly East Europe) with 3 b's.
Reply 3
Who said the Leeki failed with BBCD?
Also Leeki you didn't do terribly bad you could easily push those up to A's with hard work and resit but since you can only resit 3 that might be a problem I would recommend resitting the 2 e's and the d so you can push your chem to a B bio to a B and maths to an A then do really well in your a's and you could come out with A*AAA if you get high enough ums i was gonna say if you could resit more than 3 you could 'potentially' get A*A*A*A* but you will have to resit like 9 exams.... I would only recommend having to do 12 exams max in the summer overall.
Original post by Leeki

Are these your AS results? You are going to struggle. You will need AAA minimum. Tough ask. You would be better looking to a degree in another subject and then re-apply in 3 years with a 2.1 etc. Of course if you get AAA then you will be able to apply next year. All is not lost, just very tough!
Also it is possible for you to sit the other exams which you cannot retake at an independent centre. It will cost you though and it would be a lot of work. Just focus on getting there grades and then worry about medicine.
Reply 6
Original post by AnushkasHero
Also it is possible for you to sit the other exams which you cannot retake at an independent centre. It will cost you though and it would be a lot of work. Just focus on getting there grades and then worry about medicine.

Thankyou so much for your support guys!! although my parents are against doing engineering then medicine. It is ultimately what i want to do. i dont want to do a job that i dont enjoy for rest of my life. i am also thinking of resitting bio unit 2. do you think if i get AAAb this year by doing that universities would accept me for 2016 entry?? do they accept an AS dropped subject as resit?
Original post by Leeki
Thankyou so much for your support guys!! although my parents are against doing engineering then medicine. It is ultimately what i want to do. i dont want to do a job that i dont enjoy for rest of my life. i am also thinking of resitting bio unit 2. do you think if i get AAAb this year by doing that universities would accept me for 2016 entry?? do they accept an AS dropped subject as resit?

I think those grades will be fine for most universities. You just need to make sure you do it within the 2 years! (can't stress this enough). Some unis accept the as level but AAA is the standard (check on the websites to be sure)

Also, as a side notes, I too would advice against doing engineering and then medicine. That would just make things even harder. The best possible thing you could do right now is get the grades, once you have that no one can take it away. Then you are free to apply to medicine when ever you want. You don't have to do it in the final year of a levels like everyone else, I say go at your own pace. You'll become a doctor sooner or later !

So good luck with you a-levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending