The Student Room Group

AS subjects - Physics/EngLit/Psych

I will be doing Bio, Chem, Geology for sure, and am interested in Optometry (UOM/ARU)
I am in between picking Physics, English Lit or Psychology.
I got an A* in eng lit in year 10
I'm not too fond of physics, and am not strong at maths
Psychology - no idea if its a soft subject/is it difficult?

I know that Physics will be beneficial for Optom, but its not something I enjoy, and because I'm no good at maths, I don't see the point in taking it.
Please leave a suggestion as to what I should pick and why.
Thanks/ :smile:
Reply 1
Physics is definitely going to be the most preferred, however if it's between getting an A in the other subjects or a D in physics then its obvious you should go with what you're better at however, maybe you'd do well to think about private tuition in physics/maths alongside school, Physics can be really fascinating if it's put across in the right way!

It depends on what your university is looking for and what you think you'll do best in.

Hope this has been slightly clearer than mud!
Original post by JamieMT92
Physics is definitely going to be the most preferred, however if it's between getting an A in the other subjects or a D in physics then its obvious you should go with what you're better at however, maybe you'd do well to think about private tuition in physics/maths alongside school, Physics can be really fascinating if it's put across in the right way!

It depends on what your university is looking for and what you think you'll do best in.

Hope this has been slightly clearer than mud!

Thanks for your reply, and yes, I do already have maths tuition, and I'll try and find some physics too.
We can change our AS subject options any time right?
So for now, I may as well write down English Literature, but can change maybe in June/July... Will this be okay?
Reply 3
Different sixth forms and colleges vary but in general you can change an a level choice if you have good reason about 1-2 weeks after you've started.

Quick Reply

Latest