The Student Room Group

Why did I get an offer from Warwick so fast?

I submitted my application approximately 7 days ago. Warwick immediately replied a day after that with a conditional offer. My A Level forecast was just an A*AAA, which is their minimum requirement grade for the course I'm going to study (PPE)..

Now after 7 days, I haven't gotten a reply from my other 4 universities yet.. I know I'll have to do a TSA for Oxford, so I won't be hearing anything from them until then.. But for Manchester, King's and UCL... I'm starting to feel worried..

Does Warwick really like me cause I'm a strong applicant? What's taking the other offers so long?

Scroll to see replies

Warwick reply to most applicants quite close to the date it was sent, at least from what I've seen on here. You were clearly a strong applicant to receive an offer though :L Congratualtions
Original post by TMSA
I submitted my application approximately 7 days ago. Warwick immediately replied a day after that with a conditional offer. My A Level forecast was just an A*AAA, which is their minimum requirement grade for the course I'm going to study (PPE)..

Now after 7 days, I haven't gotten a reply from my other 4 universities yet.. I know I'll have to do a TSA for Oxford, so I won't be hearing anything from them until then.. But for Manchester, King's and UCL... I'm starting to feel worried..

Does Warwick really like me cause I'm a strong applicant? What's taking the other offers so long?

Similar thing happened to me. Got a reply from UCL the day after I replied, then nothing for two weeks. Don't worry, it's absolutely fine :smile:
I got an offer from Warwick and York the day after I applied but I've not heard from Manchester yet either. I just think Warwick are fast with offers?
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
Similar thing happened to me. Got a reply from UCL the day after I replied, then nothing for two weeks. Don't worry, it's absolutely fine :smile:

Aaaaahhhhh... UCL... What I would do for them to send me an email with an offer right now... Hmm

Congratulations!
I have four offers so far including an unconditional from birmingham , for me warwick gave me an offer after two days for History
Reply 6
Original post by JamesJones777
Warwick reply to most applicants quite close to the date it was sent, at least from what I've seen on here. You were clearly a strong applicant to receive an offer though :L Congratualtions

It's much more difficult to get into Warwick than Manchester for my course.. Minimum requirement for Manchester makes it sort of like my last resort.. but I surprisingly have not heard from them at all.. Not even an email of confirmation... Which I got from all the other 4 Universities I applied to..

Should I email them to check or is anyone else applying within the past week or so experiencing the same problem?
Original post by TMSA

considering the UCAS deadline is in January and we're only 2 weeks into October, I wouldn't worry if I were you!!!

A lot of people in my year have been getting offers from Warwick really quickly as well (someone got one for Classics in a couple of hours). Warwick might be automatically accepting people based on academic achievement without looking fully at applications, so that might be why
Reply 8
Original post by TheTechN1304
considering the UCAS deadline is in January and we're only 2 weeks into October, I wouldn't worry if I were you!!!

A lot of people in my year have been getting offers from Warwick really quickly as well (someone got one for Classics in a couple of hours). Warwick might be automatically accepting people based on academic achievement without looking fully at applications, so that might be why

So frustrating to hear that. :frown: Hmmm.. And here I was hoping my overall application was strong enough that I'd be able to secure at least 4/5 of the Unis I applied to. Guess we'll have to wait for it to really find out..
Original post by womanofsteel
I got an offer from Warwick and York the day after I applied but I've not heard from Manchester yet either. I just think Warwick are fast with offers?

Totally not stalking ;D that's pretty good that you heard back just a day after :O
Don't complain!!! :smile:
What were your AS level grades like?HI5 we got the same predicted grades!
Original post by TMSA
It's much more difficult to get into Warwick than Manchester for my course.. Minimum requirement for Manchester makes it sort of like my last resort.. but I surprisingly have not heard from them at all.. Not even an email of confirmation... Which I got from all the other 4 Universities I applied to..

Should I email them to check or is anyone else applying within the past week or so experiencing the same problem?

They have until January to reply, most universities I imagine will reply by the end of November. Not many will get back to you within 7 days, just as not all Universities send a confirmation email. Prestige and entry requirements are irrelevant, each University will reply at different times. Liverpool, Warwick and York etc. reply quite fast. Edinburgh is notoriously slow.
My sister just got a Warwick offer too. It's weird because when my year applied in the 2010/2011 cycle, we were all still waiting in January/Feb time for Warwick offers, it was the last uni to let us know!
Original post by ChrisLay1
Totally not stalking ;D that's pretty good that you heard back just a day after :O

Stalker :wink: and yeah, I was so happy 😁🙊
Reply 15
Original post by Skill Twix
What were your AS level grades like?HI5 we got the same predicted grades!

I just sat for my Mathematics Paper 1 AS today. Heh... I was predicted solely based on my trials and final semester exams.. Which kinda sucks cause I'm not getting the A*s I feel I'm entitled to get..

I got an A* in Econs, but not in Maths.. Because I was surprisingly "not consistent enough" according to my teacher... After I scored the highest in my class. :confused:

If I had already done my AS, I honestly feel I could squeeze in with 3 A*s or at least 2... I leave my effort for the real stuff youknowwhatimsaying..
Original post by TMSA
I just sat for my Mathematics Paper 1 AS today. Heh... I was predicted solely based on my trials and final semester exams.. Which kinda sucks cause I'm not getting the A*s I feel I'm entitled to get..

I got an A* in Econs, but not in Maths.. Because I was surprisingly "not consistent enough" according to my teacher... After I scored the highest in my class. :confused:

If I had already done my AS, I honestly feel I could squeeze in with 3 A*s or at least 2... I leave my effort for the real stuff youknowwhatimsaying..

Don't worry mate.Are you doing CIE?I am here too!You still have 3 papers left.My story is similar to yours.I hate Econs at GCSES,then liked it,my teacher told me I was talented at it and at AS levels,I got 100%.
Same here I got 3 B's and an A.Resitting maths again.I am predicted 2 A*s and an A.
A week isn't long at all, give them some time! :lol: There's no real logic behind it, some places will leave you hanging on until the end of March before telling you their decision, whereas others can give you a response pretty much straight away. Also, bear in mind that some people will only submit their application in January.
Reply 18
Original post by Skill Twix
Don't worry mate.Are you doing CIE?I am here too!You still have 3 papers left.My story is similar to yours.I hate Econs at GCSES,then liked it,my teacher told me I was talented at it and at AS levels,I got 100%.
Same here I got 3 B's and an A.Resitting maths again.I am predicted 2 A*s and an A.

Yeah, I'm doing CIE brah. Still have 7 AS papers to deal with (2 for each subject). Urgh..

Wow!!! How in the world did you get 100% for Econs? Is that even possible? Because my teacher never gives me full marks for essays and data response!

Maths is all about practice.. Or if you're a natural, then you don't need to do much of anything really.. Really hope all goes well on your side dude.
Original post by TMSA
Yeah, I'm doing CIE brah. Still have 7 AS papers to deal with (2 for each subject). Urgh..

Wow!!! How in the world did you get 100% for Econs? Is that even possible? Because my teacher never gives me full marks for essays and data response!

Maths is all about practice.. Or if you're a natural, then you don't need to do much of anything really.. Really hope all goes well on your side dude.

I am talented at Econs.I love that subject.Yes true.Maths is all about practice.Hope everything goes well for you too.!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending