The Student Room Group

Pharmacology Applicants 2015

Decided to start a thread for those who have applied or are applying to study Pharmacology in 2015.

Just the general stuff; applications, offers, interviews and the likes.

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Im going to be applying for Pharmacology! where are you thinking of applying?:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jarrahwood
Im going to be applying for Pharmacology! where are you thinking of applying?:smile:

Looking at Bath, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool and Kent! How about you, have you been to any open days?
Reply 3
I shall be applying for UCL, KCL, Queen Mary London, Manchester and Newcastle :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
agh cool cool what open days did you go to? and Im applying for Liverpool Leeds Southampton and Portsmouth and I'm not sure on the final one yet.I went to all of those open days and they all seemed really good loved Liverpool and Southampton!
Reply 5
Been to King's, UCL, Queen Mary, Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds and Imperial.

I did consider Leeds however I live close to Leeds and I'd rather go somewhere far away and live independently (London is my top choice).
Reply 6
Sounds good! If you get all your offers which one will be your firm and which will be your insurance?:smile:
Reply 7
Hopefully, UCL firm and Kings College insurance :smile: wby?
Reply 8
Original post by Djent
Hopefully, UCL firm and Kings College insurance :smile: wby?

Either Bath/Surrey or Liverpool as my firm, and then Kent as my insurance.
What makes you choose them? :smile:
Is there an interview process if you apply for UCL?
I think ill be putting either southampton or liverpool and then portsmouth as my insurance me thinks, on your ucas application next to liverpool does it say you may have an interview or have to submit some work?:smile:
Reply 11
I think ill be putting either southampton or liverpool and then portsmouth as my insurance me thinks, on your ucas application next to liverpool does it say you may have an interview or have to submit some work?:smile:

Yeah it does, but does that mean they actually interview? Really nervous about interviews and i'd prefer to avoid them if possible :/
hmm ahh damn not keen for going all the way to Liverpool for the day lengthy train journey! although i don't know what sort of work they'd want from you if they asked you for that instead?
Reply 13
hmm ahh damn not keen for going all the way to Liverpool for the day lengthy train journey! although i don't know what sort of work they'd want from you if they asked you for that instead?

Maybe things like GCSE certificates and proof of work experience? There isn't that much you could to 'work-wise' i don't think?
ahh yeah maybe they could ask for your EPQ if you did one of those
Just got invited to interview for pharmacology with industrial experience at Manchester :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Molly648
Just got invited to interview for pharmacology with industrial experience at Manchester :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! When did you send off your UCAS application? :smile:
Original post by Djent
Congrats! When did you send off your UCAS application? :smile:

Thank you :smile: 1st of October! Have you sent yours off yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Molly648
Thank you :smile: 1st of October! Have you sent yours off yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have not unfortunately. I am still waiting for a reference from my form tutor and I won't be able to send it until the week commencing November 10th because I've got two weeks of half term now then I've got a geography coursework trip. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey, what did you guys get for AS and what are your predictions if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply