The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Applications to University of Westminster 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wackywace
Hey! I've applied for BA Film at Westminster, York and AUB as well! If your York interview is on the 26th I'll see you there.

How did you find out AUB had turned you down, through UCAS Track or their internal tracking thing?

I'm doing A-Level psychology, history, and philosophy/ethics which is why I expect AUB to turn me down too, although it's my first choice.

Yeah that's when my interview is so you will see me there! :smile: And I got an email from UCAS saying "Your application has been updated. Log in to check." and I mean Bournemouth is meant to be extremely difficult to get into, and I wasn't completely sure if I'd actually get an offer, but it's alright, since Westminster is my first choice.

Good luck, especially since AUB is your first option!
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I am as well I just got a conditional offer from them today
Reply 22
1) I've applied for BA Television Production and BA Film
2) I also applied for Hertfordshire, Bucks New and UCA
3) I'm doing Media Studies, Photography and Psychology at A Level
4) I got a conditional offer from Hertfordshire (!) a portfolio request from Bucks New and an interview from Westminster for Television Production in January.

I'm exited to go back to Harrow and to see the uni again, when I went there for the open day I really loved it.
Good luck to everyone else!

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by DannyAmo
Just got an interview for Westminster in January for Television production! Excited but nervous!!!!!

I got one too! When exactly is your interview?
Reply 24
Applying for Criminology at Regents Street, haven't sent my application off to UCAS yet but if people are getting interviews already then I'd better get a move on! Haha, anyone else thinking of studying Criminology?
Reply 25
What resident halls is everyone thinking of staying at?
If all goes well, Definitely Harrow Halls
Original post by GetT'LondonLife
Hey guys,

I'm a current student at The University of Westminster studying PR and Advertising. I've lived in London now for two years and I absolutely love it!! When I was applying for uni I was sooo nervous about coming down to London. I didn't know what to expect, and there wasn't very many helpful forums about London life for students. Therefore I want to write this to those students that have any questions regarding London. I'll answer any question as best as I can so please feel free to comment

Hi My daughter is interested in Film production course for the year 2016.Please guide me about this university on its filming course(UG) and living cost in London.We are in India hence need to decide after full information.
Reply 28
Original post by GetT'LondonLife
Hey guys,

I'm a current student at The University of Westminster studying PR and Advertising. I've lived in London now for two years and I absolutely love it!! When I was applying for uni I was sooo nervous about coming down to London. I didn't know what to expect, and there wasn't very many helpful forums about London life for students. Therefore I want to write this to those students that have any questions regarding London. I'll answer any question as best as I can so please feel free to comment

Hi! How do you like studying PR at Westminster? Though I want to do the MA in PR and already received an offer, I'm unsure what to do. I have read so many negative comments on Westminster! However, then I heard it is one of the best regarding Media and PR. So now I'm a bit torn. I'm from Austria, did one semester in Birmingham and now I really would like to do my Masters in London and Westminster seems to be a good choice (I really like the course and the uni), but why is it's reputation so bad??

thank you! xx
Reply 29
Original post by Ria.kk

The 7th of Jan, wbu?
Reply 30
1) What you're applying for: Computer Science
2) Where else you've applied: Chester, Manchester Metropolitan University, Lancaster, Leicester
3) What A Levels/Btec/relevant work you're doing at the moment: ICT, History, English Literature - predicted BBC - most of my Comp Sci. experience lies outside academic studies
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview: Conditional offer received today: CCC :smile:
Original post by Ria.kk

And me! 7th of January at 2pm
Reply 32
1) What you're applying for. Law
2) Where else you've applied UEL, City, South Bank, London Met
3) What A Levels/Btec/relevant work you're doing at the moment Access to law Course
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview. Have not yet sent of UCAS. Has to be done for the college by end of next week. Not sure when my reference will be done and it will be sent off through.
Reply 33
Original post by dlwilson97
And me! 7th of January at 2pm

I have the same time here! It's a group interview so I have no idea how to feel about it! And we don't have to take portfolios, I also have no idea how formal to dress haha
1) I've applied for Film BA
2) I've only applied to NUA as well as Westminster
3) I did a BTEC in Film & Television at college, and completed a year at the University of Cumbria in Wildlife & Media
4) I've just sent my application off this week, so it's only early days :smile:

I'm going to the open days coming up for NUA and Westminster, and it'll be my first time going to both. I'm a little nervous, but from what I've read they sound amazing, especially Westminster! Now I just need to sort out my portfolio and I am good to go :smile:
Reply 35
What you're applying for- History
Where else you've applied- Southampton, Kent, Swansea and Essex
What A Levels/Btec/relevant work you're doing at the moment- Currently studying History, English Literature, Applied Science and the Welsh Baccalaureate qualification. Achieved ABC at AS, and predicated, AABB
Offer/Rejection/Interview- Had a conditional offer, within 1 day of applying.
1) What you're applying for: English Literature and Creative Writing
2) Where else you've applied: Durham, Goldsmiths, Royal Holloway and Essex
3) What A Levels/Btec/relevant work you're doing at the moment:
Currently in the middle of my CertHE in Creative Writing. Also got a C in my AS Eng Lit.
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview: Given an unconditional after I agreed to change from English Lit with Creative Writing to English Lang with Creative Writing

Never got an interview, but I had to hand in a Portfolio within 2 weeks of applying! Stressful. Westminster is my back-up. I am hoping to go to Goldsmiths as it has been my dream for years! Durham would be wonderful but my Partner won't be able to get much work there (he's a Zoologist).
Won't be staying in halls, privately renting, so it's going to be expensive.
Reply 37
Original post by DannyAmo
The 7th of Jan, wbu?

Same day, I'll see you there!
Reply 38
I got a conditional offer for human nutrition! and only a day after applying! :smile:
Hello everybody! Westminster is my first choice and I can't wait to start next year.

1) What you're applying for:
Digital Media and Communications.
2) Where else you've applied: Newcastle, Leeds, Coventry and Salford.
3) What A Levels/Btec/relevant work you're doing at the moment: I am taking my Diploma de Bacalaureat (Romania) in July and they asked for 7/10.
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview: I received a conditional offer.

Quick Reply

Latest