The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Applications to University of Westminster 2015

Scroll to see replies

Marketing
I have 5 offers from; university of westminister, Sheffield Hallam, Derby,Birmingham city, De Montford.
I'm currently studying; media, business, ICT
My choices are out of Sheffield Hallam, Westminster, and derby, but I have got to do more research on some

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Hey, my babes Joesi
I'm applying for Fashion design at Westminster, LCF, Central St Martins and Northumbria!

I've heard back from LCF and Westminster ☺️ Ive had to send Westminster examples of my portfolio and I have to submit an online portfolio for LCF by the 16th of January!

Wish me luck 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by JoesiB16
Hey, my babes Joesi
I'm applying for Fashion design at Westminster, LCF, Central St Martins and Northumbria!

I've heard back from LCF and Westminster ☺️ Ive had to send Westminster examples of my portfolio and I have to submit an online portfolio for LCF by the 16th of January!

Wish me luck ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi am am also applying for csm and westminster. my college have not yet sent my application after i completed it a month ago :frown: goodluck
Reply 43
Original post by ronke_a
Hi am am also applying for csm and westminster. my college have not yet sent my application after i completed it a month ago :frown: goodluck

Oh no! Maybe they're still writing your reference to attach to your application? Don't send it off until you have some kind of portfolio together though! Westminster emailed me 2 days after I sent mine & requested 6 A4 examples of my portfolio & also gave me a questionnaire that was really difficult & kind of like a small essay but they need to all be posted within 10days of receiveing the email so unless you have a good idea of the portfolio pieces you're going to send them you'll be really stressed as I was! That's my biggest advice, so maybe concentrate on that now before you send it off.
I sent mine on Friday, so fingers crossed I hear back to get an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Thanks for the advice! And fingers crossed for you too! My collage have finally sent it off. I have just recived an automatic email from westminster about the next stages and when i will hear back from them. I study fine art so so far i only have one fashion project almost complete. Then again when i went to the open day they said they except people who havent seen a sewing machine before! I hope i don't hear back from them till jan lol because i sill need to finnish developing it.
Reply 45
Ah good im glad! Got my fingers crossed for you! I'm the same im still developing my portfolio so I hope I don't have a interview until the back end of Feb for my choices as I obviously want it to be the best it can. Nervous time. Let me know how you go on, is it fine art you are applying for or fashion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Ah good im glad! Got my fingers crossed for you! I'm the same im still developing my portfolio so I hope I don't have a interview until the back end of Feb for my choices as I obviously want it to be the best it can. Nervous time. Let me know how you go on, is it fine art you are applying for or fashion?

Y
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, and yes i will! I currently study fine art but i am applying for fashion design.
Hi everyone! I've applied for Television Production at the University of Westminster. I've seen that some of you have received interviews, although the UCAS deadline is not until mid January do you think I have a lower chance of getting an interview now as my school didn't send my application away until last week?
Hey Guys,

I am in my second year of studying (BA) Public Relations and Advertising at the Harrow campus at Westminster University and I thought I would post in case any potential PR students or anyone who wanted to study at Harrow campus wanted some advice or wanted to find out what the campus or London in general is really like!

Feel free to ask anything!
Reply 49
Original post by Stephen_s_274
Hi everyone! I've applied for Television Production at the University of Westminster. I've seen that some of you have received interviews, although the UCAS deadline is not until mid January do you think I have a lower chance of getting an interview now as my school didn't send my application away until last week?

Hey Stephen, I don't think that you are at a disadvantage as far as I'm aware from these messages people that have heard back to quickly are studying even an art/design based subject where a portfolio is needed. A lot of Universities have asked to see sample of the portfolio as a selection process before deciding whether or not to give an interview because the course is of high demand. However Westminster sent me an email saying that their interviews will be in February, I'm not 100% sure that that is just for Fashion but either way I wouldn't worry.

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone else who has applied for the BA hons fashion design course at westminster? If yes can you please let me know about the next stages after submitting the application on UCAS. Do they require a Mini Portfolio?
Hey Stephen, I don't think that you are at a disadvantage as far as I'm aware from these messages people that have heard back to quickly are studying even an art/design based subject where a portfolio is needed. A lot of Universities have asked to see sample of the portfolio as a selection process before deciding whether or not to give an interview because the course is of high demand. However Westminster sent me an email saying that their interviews will be in February, I'm not 100% sure that that is just for Fashion but either way I wouldn't worry.

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see!
Thanks for the reply! Good luck with your application too! :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Fdrupali
Is there anyone else who has applied for the BA hons fashion design course at westminster? If yes can you please let me know about the next stages after submitting the application on UCAS. Do they require a Mini Portfolio?

Hey, yes I have.
I submitted my application and they contacted me 3 days later requesting 6 A4 examples of my portfolio showing a range of your skills they said they want to see examples of other skills you have not just projects based on fashion. You also have to complete a questionnaire which in my opinion was more like a small essay! I found the questionnaire quite difficult so make sure you spend as much time as possible in it.

At the bottom of the email they said that they want it with 10days and you have to post it. So make sure you have your examples all ready as I was in such a rush to get everything together! Make sure you include life drawing if you have any. They also said they want to see experimentation and development within your work.

Hope this helps, good luck with everything x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Has anyone heard back about the Film BA course? I was sent my questionnaire in early November and uploaded it to the portal within 3 days, never even received so much as a confirmation that they'd received the actual file. Really getting nervous at this point, because interviews start this month and Westminster is my first choice :/
Hey, yes I have.
I submitted my application and they contacted me 3 days later requesting 6 A4 examples of my portfolio showing a range of your skills they said they want to see examples of other skills you have not just projects based on fashion. You also have to complete a questionnaire which in my opinion was more like a small essay! I found the questionnaire quite difficult so make sure you spend as much time as possible in it.

At the bottom of the email they said that they want it with 10days and you have to post it. So make sure you have your examples all ready as I was in such a rush to get everything together! Make sure you include life drawing if you have any. They also said they want to see experimentation and development within your work.

Hope this helps, good luck with everything x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: Thank you so much for sharing the information.I am ready with the portfolio, just a bit worried about the questionaire. Can you let me know how many questions were there and were they all about the various fashion designers collections from the london fashion week?

All the best for your applications!:biggrin:
Original post by GetT'LondonLife
Hey guys,

I'm a current student at The University of Westminster studying PR and Advertising. I've lived in London now for two years and I absolutely love it!! When I was applying for uni I was sooo nervous about coming down to London. I didn't know what to expect, and there wasn't very many helpful forums about London life for students. Therefore I want to write this to those students that have any questions regarding London. I'll answer any question as best as I can so please feel free to comment

Hey, so I've applied for Westminster to study Digital Media and Communications. If you apply for a course at Harrow do you have to live in the halls there? Or is Wembley just as popular with Harrow students? :smile:
Original post by 07harris
Has anyone heard back about the Film BA course? I was sent my questionnaire in early November and uploaded it to the portal within 3 days, never even received so much as a confirmation that they'd received the actual file. Really getting nervous at this point, because interviews start this month and Westminster is my first choice :/

Hey, I heard back a few weeks ago offering me an interview which is this Wednesday at 1pm. Got my TV Production interview straight after at 2pm as well! Maybe they've just got a lot of candidates to get through now that it's coming up to deadline day? Don't worry about it!
Reply 57
Original post by dlwilson97
Hey, I heard back a few weeks ago offering me an interview which is this Wednesday at 1pm. Got my TV Production interview straight after at 2pm as well! Maybe they've just got a lot of candidates to get through now that it's coming up to deadline day? Don't worry about it!

When did you send your application off? was it recently or earlier on?
Original post by 07harris
When did you send your application off? was it recently or earlier on?

Sent it off in the first week of November
Reply 59
Hey I've applied to westminster fashion design too, went to the open day today and it was absolutely AMAZING

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest