The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Applications to University of Westminster 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dlwilson97
Hey, I heard back a few weeks ago offering me an interview which is this Wednesday at 1pm. Got my TV Production interview straight after at 2pm as well! Maybe they've just got a lot of candidates to get through now that it's coming up to deadline day? Don't worry about it!

Hi! Just wondering how the interview went today? My application was only sent a few weeks ago so I haven't heard anything yet. Any tips or insights into what the interviews are like?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by HLx
Hey I've applied to westminster fashion design too, went to the open day today and it was absolutely AMAZING

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,:smile: Me too applying for BA fashion design at westminster,just a bit worried about the questionaire. Can you let me know how many questions were there and were they all about the various fashion designers collections from the london fashion week?

All the best for your applications!
Reply 62
I haven't received the questionnaire yet but apparently it's about designers etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stephen_s_274
Hi! Just wondering how the interview went today? My application was only sent a few weeks ago so I haven't heard anything yet. Any tips or insights into what the interviews are like?

The interviews are really different and the courses are completely different as well so you should definitely ask a lot of questions if you've applied for both!

The Film interview was just me and a tutor for about an hour. She asked a lot of questions, especially about my work which we watched while we were there. Really specific film questions about things you like watching, why you like watching them, what interests you about film, why you've made the films you've made, why you chose certain shots and what those shots mean etc. Also asked about something in my personal statement so you should definitely revise that before you go, and make sure you research the course and the uni because you can't answer the types of questions she asked unless you genuinely really want to get onto the course.

The TV Production interview was very different; nine of us with two tutors (and an intern observing). It was a group discussion thing where the tutors asked a question about the TV industry and we had to offer our opinions and argue our cases about it, and they make sure that everyone gets an equal opportunity to talk by directing questions to people who stay quiet! That was really interesting because it's a chance to hear from people who are applying to the same course! TV Production doesn't involve looking at a portfolio or anything like that, just the group discussion about the TV industry!

I was told that Film will get back to me within a few weeks. I was the very first person they've interviewed for 2015 entry so I expect they'll wait to see who I'm up against before making a decision! TV Production make their minds up straight after the interview and they got back to me today with an offer.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any more questions! Hope it goes well and maybe see you on one of the courses in September!
Original post by GetT'LondonLife
Hey guys,

I'm a current student at The University of Westminster studying PR and Advertising. I've lived in London now for two years and I absolutely love it!! When I was applying for uni I was sooo nervous about coming down to London. I didn't know what to expect, and there wasn't very many helpful forums about London life for students. Therefore I want to write this to those students that have any questions regarding London. I'll answer any question as best as I can so please feel free to comment

Does your student loan cover you for accomodation etc?! I'm really worried that I won't be able to afford to live in London. Also any accomodation/areas you recommend?
1) What you're applying for: BSc Psychology
2) Where else you've applied: UEA, Leicester, Teesside, Coventry
3) What A Levels/Btec/relevant work you're doing at the moment:
On an unplanned gap year right now looking for a job, dropped out of uni last year didn't enjoy my course.
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview:
Unconditional offer
The interviews are really different and the courses are completely different as well so you should definitely ask a lot of questions if you've applied for both!

The Film interview was just me and a tutor for about an hour. She asked a lot of questions, especially about my work which we watched while we were there. Really specific film questions about things you like watching, why you like watching them, what interests you about film, why you've made the films you've made, why you chose certain shots and what those shots mean etc. Also asked about something in my personal statement so you should definitely revise that before you go, and make sure you research the course and the uni because you can't answer the types of questions she asked unless you genuinely really want to get onto the course.

The TV Production interview was very different; nine of us with two tutors (and an intern observing). It was a group discussion thing where the tutors asked a question about the TV industry and we had to offer our opinions and argue our cases about it, and they make sure that everyone gets an equal opportunity to talk by directing questions to people who stay quiet! That was really interesting because it's a chance to hear from people who are applying to the same course! TV Production doesn't involve looking at a portfolio or anything like that, just the group discussion about the TV industry!

I was told that Film will get back to me within a few weeks. I was the very first person they've interviewed for 2015 entry so I expect they'll wait to see who I'm up against before making a decision! TV Production make their minds up straight after the interview and they got back to me today with an offer.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any more questions! Hope it goes well and maybe see you on one of the courses in September!

Thanks for such a detailed response! I've only applied for the Television Production course, so all being I'll see you there in September! Thanks again!
1) What you're applying for: BA Digital Media and Communications
2) Where else you've applied: Oxford Brookes, Newcastle, Goldsmiths, Leeds
3) What A Levels/BTEC/relevant work you're doing at the moment: APs (American curriculum)
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview: Conditional Offer
Reply 68
To anyone that was wondering about the fashion questionnaire, the questions that I can remember are:

1) your current most influential designer in the industry (you have to explain why)
2) last exhibition & why you found it inspiring
3) 2 magazines that are the most directional, & inspirational for a designer to look at

And on the 4th they give you a runway image to look at & you have to explain your reactions, reflections & its relevance to this years season.

Hopes this helps anyone as you're not given a great deal of time to complete it. I kind of feel like I'm giving you all the cheats haha! But I wish I had had an idea before hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I have an interview for Television Production soon.... What did you guys wear to the interview? I'm unsure :frown:
Original post by LewisKTV
So I have an interview for Television Production soon.... What did you guys wear to the interview? I'm unsure :frown:

Hi! When was your UCAS application sent away? And when/ how long after did you receive the interview offer? I've applied for television production and still heard nothing back

Hey, I wore smart pants and smart shoes with a shirt and smart plain jumper over the top. Some guys wore full suits with ties and some girls wore fairly casual stuff so it really doesn't matter - I don't think they'll judge you on your outfit, just wear whatever you feel comfortable in!
Original post by Stephen_s_274
Hi! When was your UCAS application sent away? And when/ how long after did you receive the interview offer? I've applied for television production and still heard nothing back

Hello:smile: I sent my UCAS off like the first week of december and received my interview offer today! I'm sure they're just working through them or something. Don't worry :smile:
Hey, I wore smart pants and smart shoes with a shirt and smart plain jumper over the top. Some guys wore full suits with ties and some girls wore fairly casual stuff so it really doesn't matter - I don't think they'll judge you on your outfit, just wear whatever you feel comfortable in!

Thank you!
Hello:smile: I sent my UCAS off like the first week of december and received my interview offer today! I'm sure they're just working through them or something. Don't worry :smile:

Thanks for the reply! :smile:
Original post by JoesiB16
To anyone that was wondering about the fashion questionnaire, the questions that I can remember are:

1) your current most influential designer in the industry (you have to explain why)
2) last exhibition & why you found it inspiring
3) 2 magazines that are the most directional, & inspirational for a designer to look at

And on the 4th they give you a runway image to look at & you have to explain your reactions, reflections & its relevance to this years season.

Hopes this helps anyone as you're not given a great deal of time to complete it. I kind of feel like I'm giving you all the cheats haha! But I wish I had had an idea before hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Hi, Thank you so much for sharing the information! All the very best with your applications!:biggrin:
Original post by bianca2402
1) What you're applying for: BA Digital Media and Communications
2) Where else you've applied: Oxford Brookes, Newcastle, Goldsmiths, Leeds
3) What A Levels/BTEC/relevant work you're doing at the moment: APs (American curriculum)
4) Offer/Rejection/Interview: Conditional Offer

Finally, someone else that's applied for the same course as me! :biggrin:
Original post by Danni_079
Finally, someone else that's applied for the same course as me! :biggrin:

Haha yay, that's great to hear :tongue: Can I know why you chose Westminster and where else you've applied? :smile:
Hi~ I've applied for Chinese and Linguistics & have received a conditional offer of BBC :smile:
Original post by bianca2402
Haha yay, that's great to hear :tongue: Can I know why you chose Westminster and where else you've applied? :smile:

I love the city so the location is perfect! What about you? I also applied to Hertfordshire, Canterbury Christchurch, Greenwich and Buckinghamshire New.

Quick Reply