The Student Room Group

Nursing university's 2015

Hey guys I'm just wondering which university's have you all applied for adult nursing? And what work experience do you have?
I think I'll be applying for Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Coventry, Birmingham city and Teesside
I applied two weeks ago for adult nursing at Sheffield hallam, Huddersfield, leeds, Bradford and Manchester :smile: have you applied yet?
Hii :smile:

I haven't applied yet but I am applying for University of South Wales, Cardiff and Swansea :smile: As for experience I previously worked in care for a year. I work in retail now and was concerned that this would hinder my chances.. however I went to an open day yesterday in USW and the tutor who gave the talk said it doesnt matter where you work as long as you can demonstrate transferable skills and how they would help in nursing.... her example was that her daughter is a bar maid and she said even she has skills that tie in with nursing - customer care, dealing with stressful/difficult situations/people, using initiative etc.

It reassured me that I do still have a chance despite being in retail for 2 years, its all about how you sell yourself :smile:

@kals97x and @bethellenx have you heard back from any of your unis yet? :biggrin: xx
Original post by NurseWannabe91
Hii :smile:

I haven't applied yet but I am applying for University of South Wales, Cardiff and Swansea :smile: As for experience I previously worked in care for a year. I work in retail now and was concerned that this would hinder my chances.. however I went to an open day yesterday in USW and the tutor who gave the talk said it doesnt matter where you work as long as you can demonstrate transferable skills and how they would help in nursing.... her example was that her daughter is a bar maid and she said even she has skills that tie in with nursing - customer care, dealing with stressful/difficult situations/people, using initiative etc.

It reassured me that I do still have a chance despite being in retail for 2 years, its all about how you sell yourself :smile:

@kals97x and @bethellenx have you heard back from any of your unis yet? :biggrin: xx

yeah we got told you dont have to have direct experience in nursing but it would help :smile: im lucky iv managed to do experience with a health visitor and district nurses so hoping that will be enough to get me in this time as last year I had no experience! i have all my acknowledgment e-mails but no interviews yet haha :frown: hoping no news is good news x

Quick Reply

Latest