The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Drama with a year abroad yesterday!!!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by wmavfc
Offer of AAB for physics MPhys with Professional Experience :smile:

Hi I have an interview at Exeter soon and I'm really nervous! I'm wondering if you could answer some questions. Was it more about the personal statement or problem solving and roughly how long do you think it was? Also, what are you supposed to wear?

Thank you in advance.
Hello, I've applied and got an offer from Law at Exeter, but am wondering why it scores so low on the Times league table?

On all the factors it does well except for student satisfaction. For student satisfaction, Law ranks third worst of all the courses the uni offers.
I'm a bit puzzled as this is normally an area Exeter do well on, so to any present/budding Law students, what's so bad about the place??
Got an offer this evening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MercedesAnjelica
Got an offer this evening!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh congrats!!!! What subject is that for?
I got mine a couple of days ago for natsci!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
Ahh congrats!!!! What subject is that for?
I got mine a couple of days ago for natsci!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Anthropology! V happy I'm just waiting to hear back from Durham now :smile: - and congrats to you too!
Reply 846
Original post by Hedgehogkilla
Hi I have an interview at Exeter soon and I'm really nervous! I'm wondering if you could answer some questions. Was it more about the personal statement or problem solving and roughly how long do you think it was? Also, what are you supposed to wear?

Thank you in advance.

Hi sorry for taking a while to reply. It starts off as personal statement and turns into just a general chat - if you mention any area you're interested in or something you've seen in the news they'll probably start asking you about that. I mentioned Rosetta so we started talking about that. Didn't really solve any problems tbh. I wore a shirt black jeans and smart shoes. Interview lasted about 10-15 minutes but he said we went a bit over. There were a few guys in suits, some the same as me, and some in just T-shirts. I'd say just go smart casual sort of thing
I applied to Exeter earlier this month for English and Drama. They already offered me an to come to an interview/workshop day, but I live in California, so I had to decline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
why don't you explain your position to them. they might accommodate you in the circumstances
Reply 849
got an unconditional offer for MPA! :biggrin:
Offer for engineering ABB :smile: just Durham left now....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did. They said they are just going to look up my application on its own.
just received an offer for English and Drama for AAA (with an A in english lit.. not that I had much choice!) They said at my interview they base their offer grades on your predicted, yet I'm predicted A*A*B.. Where's the B at??!
Reply 853
Original post by Anna2568
Just got an offer to study BSc geography, so happy! Anyone else applied for the same course? :smile:

I got an offer for the same course too! Do you thin it will be your firm choice?
Original post by Hedgehogkilla

Thank you in advance.

Hiya, Sorry to interject! I had an interview at exeter a couple of weeks ago for mphys physics with astrophyiscs. I was briefly asked why i liked physics then I was thrown straight in to a question regarding the mass of the milky way and dark matter from a graph showing distance from the centre of the galaxy and angular velocity. The interviewer did go through the question slowly and provided a lot of support however. It really depends who you get. As far as clothing i would go for smart casual.
Reply 855
Original post by Sataris
Anyone for Physics?

yh physics with astrophysics, got interview on 24th Jan. bit worried dont know what to expect. any tips or help?
Reply 856
Anyone got interview for Physics or Physics with Astrophysics yet? mines on 24th Jan, dont really know what to expect and what kind of grades you guys got?
Original post by ursae
Anyone got interview for Physics or Physics with Astrophysics yet? mines on 24th Jan, dont really know what to expect and what kind of grades you guys got?

My friend had one and got an offer shortly afterwards.

He said it was pretty straight forward, I believe the main reason they do it is because so many people drop out of the course and what to ensure the people applying are passionate about the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 858
I got an offer for Philosophy! Has anyone else got one or applied for it?
Reply 859
I've just got a conditional offer (aaa) for physics. I'm so pleased!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending