The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by lydp4
I've been waiting since October too for English D: hopefully they'll pick up the pace soon!

Sorry but this is so ridiculous how long they've kept you waiting! For straight English?
I dont understand the logic, I applied early November and got an offer just over a week later, yet you applied in October?! Its crazy
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Has anyone had any offers for Psychology?
It's my only choice and I applied back in November and still nothing...
Has anyone received an offer to study clinical psychology at Exeter, I had my interview for it two weeks ago and still waiting..
Reply 1183
Original post by LJDRx
Sorry but this is so ridiculous how long they've kept you waiting! For straight English?
I dont understand the logic, I applied early November and got an offer just over a week later, yet you applied in October?! Its crazy

Well I have started to worry that they've lost my application in all honesty! Although I had a few update emails in November ensuring me that my application was being considered I have heard literally nothing since, very frustrating!
Has anyone else got an offer for Law at Exeter? if so are you going to firm it?
Time to firm Exeter for Biochemistry :smile:
Reply 1186
Original post by lydp4
Well I have started to worry that they've lost my application in all honesty! Although I had a few update emails in November ensuring me that my application was being considered I have heard literally nothing since, very frustrating!

I know exactly how you feel, Warwick were the same with my application.
Don't worry, I'm sure theres no logic behind it and they may even just be waiting for people to firm/insure before giving you your offer!
Reply 1187
Oh right! I had my Warwick one quite early on, and my brother (who goes to Warwick now) was the opposite to me, had his Exeter one early and his Warwick one late hahaha! Yeah hopefully they'll get back to me soon, thanks! :smile:
Original post by cfahy311
Has anyone else got an offer for Law at Exeter? if so are you going to firm it?

i got an offer for law (european) and i might not firm it :smile:
Original post by YanCheung
Hey, I got the email too! I'm also studying biological science! Is Exeter your firm?😄

No I've firmed plymouth now.
:confused:I emailed Exeter as I've been waiting for 5 months now and they said that they hope to get a decision back to me before the absolute deadline of the end of the month. They also said they are still unsure as to whether they will give offers to people in the tier I'm in. What does that mean? :/ It sure doesn't sound good...
Original post by oliviate
:confused:I emailed Exeter as I've been waiting for 5 months now and they said that they hope to get a decision back to me before the absolute deadline of the end of the month. They also said they are still unsure as to whether they will give offers to people in the tier I'm in. What does that mean? :/ It sure doesn't sound good...

I'd guess it means you're not one of the 'immediate' people they give offers too and they're waiting for some people o reply to them to see how many more offers they might need to give. It's not fair though, they shouldn't keep you waiting this long! I wouldn't give up hope yet though- it wasn't a straight rejection and you might still get an offer, you were just probably in the maybe pile :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I'd guess it means you're not one of the 'immediate' people they give offers too and they're waiting for some people o reply to them to see how many more offers they might need to give. It's not fair though, they shouldn't keep you waiting this long! I wouldn't give up hope yet though- it wasn't a straight rejection and you might still get an offer, you were just probably in the maybe pile :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I really hope you're right! I guess I'll find out within the next 25 days :smile:
Original post by oliviate
Thanks, I really hope you're right! I guess I'll find out within the next 25 days :smile:

Hopefully- good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've put physics at Exeter as my firm choice! :smile:
are there any mature students applying to Exeter atm?
I will finish my FdSc in Psychology in June and so don't have A levels as such. AM just worried as I don't think a Foundation Degree is worth as many UCAS points as the A Level typical requirements.... but obv I have studied much more content of Psychology than A Level?
Still waiting since November but have had acknowledgements since.

Thanks!
Original post by kathykathykathy
How long do they usually take to reply for psychology?

I am still waiting too so feel your pain!:mad:
Original post by Alipops66
are there any mature students applying to Exeter atm?
I will finish my FdSc in Psychology in June and so don't have A levels as such. AM just worried as I don't think a Foundation Degree is worth as many UCAS points as the A Level typical requirements.... but obv I have studied much more content of Psychology than A Level?
Still waiting since November but have had acknowledgements since.

Thanks!

The foundation degree is in some cases equivalent to the first 2 years of a Bsc and you can top it up (1 year) to a full degree. Although you may not be able to do this for yours, I would think that you have studied to a much higher level than A levels. Depending on the modules you have studied, I would think you may be able to do 2nd year entry. Obviously the best thing to do is ring admissions
Original post by louisewestlake
The foundation degree is in some cases equivalent to the first 2 years of a Bsc and you can top it up (1 year) to a full degree. Although you may not be able to do this for yours, I would think that you have studied to a much higher level than A levels. Depending on the modules you have studied, I would think you may be able to do 2nd year entry. Obviously the best thing to do is ring admissions

Thanks for your reply - I have applied to second year and they have queried the content of my research methods modules - but nothing since! :-/
That was in December they emailed...
It's been 3 weeks since i applied for MSc Social and Organizational Psychology in Exeter. Still haven't got a reply, I mailed them and they said the application is still in process. Very worried that i won't get into this university. Anybody here applied for any postgraduate course in Exeter and got selected?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending