The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jj225
Im trying to decide between Bristol and Exeter as my firm choice. People say that Exeter is very very white and public school while Bristol is very white and private school. I'm indian but have lived in London for the last 4 years so i'm really scared about whether ill fit in at exeter or not. Any thoughts?

I had a similar dilemma for choosing between warwick and exeter. Mainly due to their reputation.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Do I firm Exeter or do I firm St.Andrews??
I like them both:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Just firmed for Accounting and Finance :smile:

Which accommodation is everyone looking at?
Original post by amorrison
Finally got my offer for Medical Sciences(Neuroscience) last night:smile:. So wanted to ask if anyone else just got their offers for any course really and advice on what to do about the offer-holders day since all of them are practically done. Anything would help cause I will most likely firm Exeter and would like to see the campus first.

Hey! Congrats on your offer! I have an offer too from Exeter for neuroscience! I went to the applicant day, so if you have any questions, just inbox me :smile:
Original post by JessicaS_
Just firmed for Accounting and Finance :smile:

Which accommodation is everyone looking at?

Congrats! Sent off a late app for this, still waiting - emails are killing me :/
Original post by Saif94
Hey I applied for biochem (a bioscience) and wanted to ask if you what other unis u applied to if u don't mind me asking?

I've applied to York, Bath and Nottingham but I've firmed York and insured Bath 😊
Original post by jj225
Im trying to decide between Bristol and Exeter as my firm choice. People say that Exeter is very very white and public school while Bristol is very white and private school. I'm indian but have lived in London for the last 4 years so i'm really scared about whether ill fit in at exeter or not. Any thoughts?

Im hopefully going to Exeter. I'm white and middle class and sound quite posh because of where I'm from, although I go to a state comprehensive. Please don't judge me. I can't help it, its the way I was born, and I assure you I have lots of good friends who are black, asian, chinese and arabic.
Seriously though, although Exeter is quite a white area, there were loads of non white students at the open day, and I didn't find it elitist or snobby, or I would have hated it.
Original post by m4sic0range
Hey! Congrats on your offer! I have an offer too from Exeter for neuroscience! I went to the applicant day, so if you have any questions, just inbox me :smile:

Congrats on yours too! I was really looking forward to seeing the campus but with exams coming up , I doubt I will even have time. But I will definitely hit your inbox with any questions.
Original post by jj225

Dude, I'm indian as well, private education, when I went down for the applicant day, it didn't feel really snobby, and I would know as I have to put up with it at some of the schools I've visited for a game. What course is it?
Right, those on a gap year or already have their grades..

I've been sent an email regarding sending photocopies of my a-level certificates. I know I've basically answered my question, but are they asking that I physically send photocopies to them? Or would it be acceptable to send them via email?
Original post by JackkkkkM

I've been sent an email regarding sending photocopies of my a-level certificates. I know I've basically answered my question, but are they asking that I physically send photocopies to them? Or would it be acceptable to send them via email?

It's going to be by email. Just attach your certificates to the reply email!
I'm between Exeter and Durham for my firm choice, idk which one i mean they both have a similar type of environments. Opinions would be great.
Reply 1332
So stuck between Exeter and Warwick for English Lit!?

Yeah I just emailed them scanned images of my certificates, they haven't responded yet but hopefully thats all they wanted :smile:
Original post by LJDRx
So stuck between Exeter and Warwick for English Lit!?

You're lucky to have that choice to make :wink: I firmed Exeter and was rejected by Warwick aha
Im still trying to choose between Exeter (AAB) and Nottingham (AAA) for History. Leaning torwards Exeter as its ranked higher everywhere I have seen and the offer is nicer? Any opinions welcome :smile:
Original post by Ingamo
Yeah I just emailed them scanned images of my certificates, they haven't responded yet but hopefully thats all they wanted :smile:

Awesome, that's what I thought they wanted, well every other uni has been like that too. What email address did you send it to?
Awesome, that's what I thought they wanted, well every other uni has been like that too. What email address did you send it to?

[email protected] :smile:
Reply 1338
Original post by Arkasia
You're lucky to have that choice to make :wink: I firmed Exeter and was rejected by Warwick aha

Ah I'm sorry to hear! At least you got Exeter though still up there with the best of them!
Original post by LJDRx
Ah I'm sorry to hear! At least you got Exeter though still up there with the best of them!

Ah I wasn't big on Warwick anyway, and very true :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending