The Student Room Group

Open Relationships

Scroll to see replies

Don't you get jealous at all? Is anything out of bounds? What about your partner going on dates & building an emotional relationship with the other person too? It's not just sex?
Original post by SophiaLDN
Don't you get jealous at all? Is anything out of bounds? What about your partner going on dates & building an emotional relationship with the other person too? It's not just sex?

Yo not sure if this was aimed at me but I'll try and answer.

I used to get jealous, but tbh I grew up. I realised jealousy is an ugly trait and doesn't do anything but hurt. So as long as our boundaries are respected and rules of our relationship are adhered to, no. There's no jealousy :smile:

As for dates-okay we're open, we are not polyamorous at all, there is no emotional connection at all to these people, the people we do stuff with is fun, a one time fantasy, there's no real "dating" other than drinks or coffee etc we play out our fantasies as a 3 or separately and then we leave. There's no dating, no emotion, just sex. The reason we can keep it separate is because we are 100% committed and in love with each other. We have no mental space for anyone else, and we don't want to even if we did :smile:

I do have polyamorous friends though!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm assuming you're young. Perhaps when you get older you'll realise life isn't what it seems. Me and my Parner are soul mates we love each other 100%. However sex is fun, we like having sex with each other, other people, 3 somes also. Having sex does not make any one weak it's shows a level of trust that most relationships do not have.

And I DO value my partners pleasure above my own, and he values mine above his Own. It's part of being a partnership, you put the other person before yourself always.

Also my partners loyalty is to me and me only, sex isn't disloyal it's just an act that allows him to have fun, and me to have fun, they are in no way an extension of our relationship. We are a unit, a steel partnership, who just really like orgasms.

Not at all, i'm 25 and i outside of a relationship or in a relationship with somebody i saw no future with i'd happily engage in such endevours. However of those i have cared about, I've never felt any desire to have her have sex with another man and if i were going to marry a woman, there'd be no point sleeping around.

Perhaps that's the crux then, i value mine and her pleasure equally rather than above my own.
Original post by Rakas21
Not at all, i'm 25 and i outside of a relationship or in a relationship with somebody i saw no future with i'd happily engage in such endevours. However of those i have cared about, I've never felt any desire to have her have sex with another man and if i were going to marry a woman, there'd be no point sleeping around.

Perhaps that's the crux then, i value mine and her pleasure equally rather than above my own.

Then I'd be inclined to say you're not in love :wink:
Then I'd be inclined to say you're not in love :wink:

Again that's possible, i can only reference against my own experiences.
Reply 25
I'm assuming you're young. Perhaps when you get older you'll realise life isn't what it seems. Me and my Parner are soul mates we love each other 100%. However sex is fun, we like having sex with each other, other people, 3 somes also. Having sex does not make any one weak it's shows a level of trust that most relationships do not have.

And I DO value my partners pleasure above my own, and he values mine above his Own. It's part of being a partnership, you put the other person before yourself always.

Also my partners loyalty is to me and me only, sex isn't disloyal it's just an act that allows him to have fun, and me to have fun, they are in no way an extension of our relationship. We are a unit, a steel partnership, who just really like orgasms.

I personally wouldn't take part in a 3some, but each to their own.
You dont have to experience other people to have an orgasm, you can role play, dress up, get up to some crazy **** with just the 2 of you.. If I felt the way you oviously do about your partner I certainly wouldn't want to share him with anyone..
Original post by news2me
I personally wouldn't take part in a 3some, but each to their own.
You dont have to experience other people to have an orgasm, you can role play, dress up, get up to some crazy **** with just the 2 of you.. If I felt the way you oviously do about your partner I certainly wouldn't want to share him with anyone..

Sharing is caring :smile: tbh I don't think I'd try to convince anyone to be open ever, it does complicate things a hell of a lot however when it works it's great.

As for doing crazy stuff for fun :wink: we're both on the bdsm/fetish scene so we do a lot of crazy stuff, and is probably the reason why we're open, we like playing with other people :smile:
Original post by Foo.mp3
I had one in 2012, with a girl from TSR as it happens, but neither of us actually fooled about with other people, we just wanted something light. It worked well for 6 months or so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you actually feel you had a future with her?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending