The Student Room Group

Planning to study Physiotherapy

Hello,
So I am planning to study Physiotherapy next year. I have been looking to study in the Netherlands and am in the process of chatting to some physios and hopefully securing some work experience.
Does anyone know if a degree from the Netherlands is any less valuable than a UK degree?
My reasons for studying abroad are its cheaper and I have always wanted to live abroad for change of scenery/the lifestyle and I just really want to get out of this country.
I'm 21 so it's a career change for me, I've heard job prospects aren't good/very competitive etc. But this doesn't really bother me as I really want to do it, and I believe success follows happiness.
If anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated!
You talk about cost a lot. The NHS funds physiotherapy courses as well as other healthcare professions in the UK. I'm sure you know that so I guess you're referring to accommodation, transport,etc.
going abroad is a great idea, but if a public hospital had the choice to choose a candidate who did their degree in the UK and someone who did their degree abroad, they would choose the UK grad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Oh really, I was under the impression they no longer funded it! Cost doesn't worry me too much, of course I would prefer to be without debt but I don't think it's too much of an issue. What does put me off studying here is that I would have to do an Access course and its so long winded...I'm getting old!
Reply 3
Original post by sammy2shoes
Hello,
So I am planning to study Physiotherapy next year. I have been looking to study in the Netherlands and am in the process of chatting to some physios and hopefully securing some work experience.
Does anyone know if a degree from the Netherlands is any less valuable than a UK degree?
My reasons for studying abroad are its cheaper and I have always wanted to live abroad for change of scenery/the lifestyle and I just really want to get out of this country.
I'm 21 so it's a career change for me, I've heard job prospects aren't good/very competitive etc. But this doesn't really bother me as I really want to do it, and I believe success follows happiness.
If anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated!

Hi Sammy,

Did you apply to the Netherlands atall? and also is their course taught in English? I'm also interested in studying in the EU as long as the course is taught in English. I dont mind learning the language as I have the basics but any information you can give would be fabulous e.g. entry requirements ect ect
Hi guys,

For those of you writing on this post I am curious about how your time studying Physiotherapy in Holland is, e.g, particularly the process of being selected, how the course is for practical application and the enjoyment of all the aspects of the placements?

I am an Irish Sports Therapist looking to up skill and return to University particularly outside of Ireland for the cultural change and experience.

Quick Reply

Latest