The Student Room Group

Torn by uni

I'm going to uni in 3 days, and on one hand I am really excited. I have freedom from an alcoholic parent and abuse, and I am looking forward to this. On the other hand, I am going to miss my (older) sister soo much. I went on holiday without her for 2 weeks and even then missed her so much it actually hurt. Missing my family and friends makes me not want to go.

:frown: Did anyone else have this? I really hope it will go away :frown:
Reply 1
That's perfectly natural! :smile:
You might feel homesick during the first week or so, but then most people find that they start really enjoying themselves and can't imagine how they ever lived away from uni. Don't worry until you've given yourself time to settle in. And missing people, well - with webcams, MSN, phones, email etc, it may be no trouble at all. Good luck!
Reply 2
There's always weekends in which to visit.
Reply 3
a lot of peopel feel the same as you, but i guess its just a part of life and yo ushould jsut do your best!!!! good luck
Reply 4
You'll be fine once you get there, trust me.
Once you've settled down, I can guarantee you'll really enjoy your independance and wonder why you ever felt like that! :smile:
Reply 5
Everyone's leaving family and friends they will miss. I'm going to leave next week and I'm pretty much feeling the same. You'll be ok. Not exactly an unusual situation for someone leaving home!
Yeah I know what you mean. I came home because I missed my family, but a part of me wants to go back. I feel like I belong in two places here and uni but uni is new and I want to explore more of it.

Latest

Trending

Trending