The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harvey008
They are two completely different programmes, the question is utterly wrong in its essence

no i meant which has more job opportunities in uk ...if i take marketing i will only be restricted to the marketing dept and if i take management i can work in any department according to the market condition!! is this valid?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by helloadi1212
no i meant which has more job opportunities in uk ...if i take marketing i will only be restricted to the marketing dept and if i take management i can work in any department according to the market condition!! is this valid?

No it's not valid. Management is more open but is not a golden ticket to every department.
You should study what you like, and if you really want, research employment statistics of management and marketing graduates online, surely not make a random TSR user decide
No it's not valid. Management is more open but is not a golden ticket to every department.
You should study what you like, and if you really want, research employment statistics of management and marketing graduates online, surely not make a random TSR user decide

its okay man! why mock me for no reason! i was just confused and clearing my doubts! are you coming to strathclyde this year? and can you tell me whether to choose strathclyde or imperial for this management course?
its okay man! why mock me for no reason! i was just confused and clearing my doubts! are you coming to strathclyde this year? and can you tell me whether to choose strathclyde or imperial for this management course?

Probably imperial, yep I'm studying MSc finance at Strathclyde this year. I was not mocking, just saying that you need to clear your mind about your future, without making other people decide for you
Probably imperial, yep I'm studying MSc finance at Strathclyde this year. I was not mocking, just saying that you need to clear your mind about your future, without making other people decide for you

thanks brother...how's the experience in terms of crowd,nightlife , and clubs that we can joinand is strathclyde promising placements or somekind of internship at the end of the course? your response will be a great help! thank you :smile:
thanks brother...how's the experience in terms of crowd,nightlife , and clubs that we can joinand is strathclyde promising placements or somekind of internship at the end of the course? your response will be a great help! thank you :smile:

sorry I meant that I will be studying from this year. I am not in Glasgow yet, so can't say about nightlife. I am not sure what you mean with "is Strathclyde promising placements"; if the course entails an internship it will be found in the course description; I don't honestly know the course structure of the MSc Management and Marketing, but I doubt there is an internship at the end. Anyway, IN THEORY Glasgow has many opportunities, there are many employers, so if you work your ass up you will have your chances.
Original post by craigmorley
I put chancellors as my first choice, james young as my second and james goold as my third. What did you put as your second and third choices?

I put James Goold First, James Young Second and Chancellors Third. :smile: Anyone heard anything back yet?
Just wondering why no one is applying to Collegelands for the accommodation?
I am thinking of first choice Chancellors then second choice James Young and third choice Murray Hall. I have a conditional offer though but I believe I can still apply for accommodation now but nothing yet will be done with my application. Although I havent received any confirmation email from Strathclyde after firming my offer for business last week. Should I have got an email by now? Bit worried haha. And I didnt really know much about collegelands. I think when I looked online a few months ago at the accommodation I came across it but its not actually on Strathclydes accommodation price list sheet I was given... It does look nice though online and similar prices to my choices I am hoping to go for.
Reply 269
Original post by MHanway
Just wondering why no one is applying to Collegelands for the accommodation?

As far as I know Collegelands is almost sold out for next year. The same company have a new building under construction right beside it but I think its studio apartments rather than shared halls.
Reply 270
I'm going to collegelands :smile:
Original post by Decision11
I am thinking of first choice Chancellors then second choice James Young and third choice Murray Hall. I have a conditional offer though but I believe I can still apply for accommodation now but nothing yet will be done with my application. Although I havent received any confirmation email from Strathclyde after firming my offer for business last week. Should I have got an email by now? Bit worried haha. And I didnt really know much about collegelands. I think when I looked online a few months ago at the accommodation I came across it but its not actually on Strathclydes accommodation price list sheet I was given... It does look nice though online and similar prices to my choices I am hoping to go for.

As far as I am aware no one here has yet been emailed by the uni after accepting. We have all just gone onto their website and filled in the accommodation form online.
Yes, you can apply with a conditional, they just won't get back with an offer uni august after your offer is firmed (unconditionals find out from June) but from what I understand of their system they will still have a idea of where you will go if you meet your conditions (due to the whole matching flatmates up thing).
Original post by katie-eliza
As far as I am aware no one here has yet been emailed by the uni after accepting. We have all just gone onto their website and filled in the accommodation form online.
Yes, you can apply with a conditional, they just won't get back with an offer uni august after your offer is firmed (unconditionals find out from June) but from what I understand of their system they will still have a idea of where you will go if you meet your conditions (due to the whole matching flatmates up thing).

Ah cheers I was just a bit worried. My friend got a Heriot Watt email so I was thinking it was the procedure stupidly lol. Yeah I think I might do the accommodation form online soon. Are you applying to halls this year too?
Hello! Is there anybody chosen IB as their firm choice at Strathclyde?
Original post by EleniTzannatou
Hello! Is there anybody chosen IB as their firm choice at Strathclyde?

Yes I have firmed International Business with Modern Languages at Strathclyde. Need to get ABB but I am determined. I think the IB course is slightly different but I am sure we will be in some of the same classes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ah cheers I was just a bit worried. My friend got a Heriot Watt email so I was thinking it was the procedure stupidly lol. Yeah I think I might do the accommodation form online soon. Are you applying to halls this year too?

I think Strathy are one of the unis that wait until after results day to send information and confirmation of places - even to the unconditionals, so we'll just have to be patient...yay..

You should do as I think accommodation is a bit of first come first served as I've heard of a couple of people who have been given offers already.
I applied for Garnett, Forbes and Murray but I haven't heard back yet. What are you applying for?
Original post by katie-eliza
I think Strathy are one of the unis that wait until after results day to send information and confirmation of places - even to the unconditionals, so we'll just have to be patient...yay..

You should do as I think accommodation is a bit of first come first served as I've heard of a couple of people who have been given offers already.
I applied for Garnett, Forbes and Murray but I haven't heard back yet. What are you applying for?

Chancellors, James Young and Murray I think. Idk much about Murray halls. Have you seen them? They are in quite a good place though I guess.
Chancellors, James Young and Murray I think. Idk much about Murray halls. Have you seen them? They are in quite a good place though I guess.

All halls are right next to each other so location isn't an issue :wink: not sure how much you know, but Murray is a long hallway of 10-14 rooms with several kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms. I think it's pretty social as you get to know lots of people, and you get decent sized living rooms with good sofas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
All halls are right next to each other so location isn't an issue :wink: not sure how much you know, but Murray is a long hallway of 10-14 rooms with several kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms. I think it's pretty social as you get to know lots of people, and you get decent sized living rooms with good sofas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cheers lol. Yeah I want something on campus(a small number are off campus). I am thinking Murray halls would be good and my parents I think would prefer to pay for Murray halls than some of the more pricey ones but I really like Chancellors. See how I convince my parents:P
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey! Has anybody accepted Product Design Eng/Inno/ProdMan offers?
I need to get AB for Product Design Engineering AND go to physics summer school... -_-

Anyone thinking of going? No idea what to expect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending