The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde University Applicants 2015

I have yet to see a thread on this forum for Strathclyde applicants, so I thought I would make one!

I am an American student (with UK citizenship) and am applying for both the International Business course and the Marketing course. What is everyone else applying for?

My grades are as follows (American test scores):
AP English Lang: 3/5
ACT: 28/36
AP Gov: Predicted 4/5
AP English Lit: Predicted 4/5
SAT Math 2 Subject Test: Predicted 750/800

They have acknowledged my application last week (I sent my app in on September 12th) and I'm hoping to hear back soon!

What are everyone else's courses and grades??

Scroll to see replies

SQA Highers: AAAAB
SQA AH predictions: AA
SQA H prediction: A

I have an unconditional to Strathclyde for Scots/Eng Law!
(edited 9 years ago)
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by GeschichteJunge
SQA Highers: AAAAB
SQA AH predictions: AA
SQA H prediction: A

I have an unconditional to Strathclyde for Scots/Eng Law!

curently in 6th year, i didnt get the grades i wanted for my highers last semester - B art C biology C RMPS failed maths and english, i have applying to glasgow school of art, dundee strathclyde and portsmouth. at the moment i am studying advanced higher art , resitting maths and english, and crashing higher physics and graphics communication, is there a possibility i will recieve a conditional offer if i get certain grades on what im studying the now or do i have to reapply next year? or is there any other way to get into this course postgraduate or something like that ?
I've applied for MEng Mechanical and MEng Electrical and Mechanical!

I got 4As (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, History) and a B (English -_- ) in my Highers, and am predicted As in Adv Higher Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

I sent my application just about two weeks ago and all I've gotten is an acknowledgement :/
I've got an unconditional for Physics (MPhys) and Maths/Physics (BSc) :smile:

Not my first choice however
Original post by jackamakka
I've got an unconditional for Physics (MPhys) and Maths/Physics (BSc) :smile:

Not my first choice however

Congrats! Not my first choice either, nevertheless it's nice to have it there as an option, eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeschichteJunge
Congrats! Not my first choice either, nevertheless it's nice to have it there as an option, eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, however I have just heard back from my first choice with an unconditional so sorry Strathclyde :/
Original post by jackamakka
Yeah, however I have just heard back from my first choice with an unconditional so sorry Strathclyde :/

Oh the envy ;o well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my application on Sunday and yesterday evening I got my first offer from Strathclyde (Psychology) with an Abitur grade of 1,3 :smile: I'm happy this means it's safe to say I'll study in Scotland next year - the rest of my choices were Scottish, too. Congrats to everyone else with an offer!
I just got a letter inviting me to an Interview for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering! :biggrin:
Congratulations to all of you! I'm still waiting on my response! Sent my application two months ago, and got my acknowledgement a month ago... Hope it comes soon!
Hello,

I have applied for Chemistry (MChem). I'm waiting for my school to approve and send it off but would love to hear people's offers.
forgot to say that I have a conditional for the MSc Finance. I am gathering the documents they still need but I can't see any problem in meeting the conditions.
If anyone else is going to study the same or a similar MSc please get in touch, it will be a pleasure to share experiences.
Applying for international business and languages at strathclyde
Just waiting for my school to attach my reference and then the waiting begins!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone heard anything from civil engineering?
all I have is the confirmation. send application on 5th November
Applying for Politics (BA)

S5 Highers
ABBCC

S6 Grade Predictions
Highers: AA Advanced Highers: BB

Status
Application sent on Nov. 26th, acknowledgement received, awaiting offer/rejection.

Does anyone here know if Strathclyde often give out conditional offers before the 15th January deadline? Or is it just unconditional offers they send out early?
Reply 16
Applying for Biomedical Engineering (MEng)

Highers (S5)
AAAAB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, English (B))

Advanced Highers (S6)
Predicted AAAA in sciences and maths

Application sent and acknowledged.

Has anyone else applied to Biomed and heard anything? Think they do interviews for it so might not here back until the deadline.
First year speech therapy student at Strathclyde here, any qs about anything and I'll try to help! Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from strathclyde regarding interviews for product design and innovation???? sent my ucas off 3 weeks ago and ive heard back from everywhere except strathclyde
I applied on the 19-th of October and got a letter from Strathclyde, stating that they will make me a conditional offer for Physics (Mphys), but they will wait until the 15-th of January(I'm an EU applicant and that's probably the reason) to make it official and all. I like Strathclyde, but I'm kind of wondering if they are good for Physics? Does anybody have more info about the physics course at Strath? Does it have a good reputation etc. ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending