The Student Room Group

Anyone got an offer for Modern Languages?

I sent my application on morning of 15th for French and ab initio Italian at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, ULIP and Sheffield. So far I've only had an acknowledgement email from Edinburgh! Has anyone who has applied for languages had anything back?
I received an offer yesterday from Leeds for French and Chinese. AAB to include an A in French. I have also applied to Newcastle, Edinburgh, Oxford and Sheffield for Chinese and French. (Just Chinese at Oxford)
Original post by emma7645
I sent my application on morning of 15th for French and ab initio Italian at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, ULIP and Sheffield. So far I've only had an acknowledgement email from Edinburgh! Has anyone who has applied for languages had anything back?

I applied on the 13th October :smile: I'm applying for German and French at Oxford, Durham, Bristol, Cardiff(Italian here too!) and Southampton. I've had application confirmations from all except Durham. I'm so desperate to get a reply soon!
Reply 3
Original post by Linguaphila
I applied on the 13th October :smile: I'm applying for German and French at Oxford, Durham, Bristol, Cardiff(Italian here too!) and Southampton. I've had application confirmations from all except Durham. I'm so desperate to get a reply soon!

I've had confirmation from Oxford now, too. But no offers yet! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by JamesJones777
I received an offer yesterday from Leeds for French and Chinese. AAB to include an A in French. I have also applied to Newcastle, Edinburgh, Oxford and Sheffield for Chinese and French. (Just Chinese at Oxford)

Original post by Linguaphila

Which Oxford colleges have you both chosen? :smile:
I sent off my application for English & German on the 13th and received an offer from Warwick on the 17th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophia2510
I sent off my application for English & German on the 13th and received an offer from Warwick on the 17th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard the most competitive course at St.Andrews is Modern Languages.Surprised
:eek:
Reply 7

Hi Emma,

Just to reassure you, our admissions tutor is currently looking over the UCAS applications and you will hear from our student services soon regarding an invitation to interview.

The best of luck!

Collette Brown
Communications Officer
I have an offer from Sheffield to read Modern Languages! I sent my application on the 4th and received the offer on the 20th.
I got an offer from Bath last night! Anyone else got an offer from Bath?
Reply 10
Original post by ULIP
Hi Emma,

Just to reassure you, our admissions tutor is currently looking over the UCAS applications and you will hear from our student services soon regarding an invitation to interview.

The best of luck!

Collette Brown
Communications Officer

Thanks Collette, I'm really desperate to get an offer as I'm thinking it would be my first choice! D:
Reply 11

what college at oxford? and have you heard anything back from durham :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by greee
what college at oxford? and have you heard anything back from durham :smile:

St Catherine's :smile: No, only the confirmation email :P
Applied about a week ago to Leeds (English & French), Leeds (French), Birmingham (English & French), Bristol (French) and Manchester (English & French). Only an acknowledgment from Birmingham so far.
AS grades: AABB
Predicted A level grades: A*AA
Reply 14
Original post by stephaniegreen
Applied about a week ago to Leeds (English & French), Leeds (French), Birmingham (English & French), Bristol (French) and Manchester (English & French). Only an acknowledgment from Birmingham so far.
AS grades: AABB
Predicted A level grades: A*AA

Which would be your first choice? :smile: My brother's at Leeds doing Mechanical Engineering haha

I've now been invited for an interview from ULIP! :smile:
Which would be your first choice? :smile: My brother's at Leeds doing Mechanical Engineering haha

I've now been invited for an interview from ULIP! :smile:

Congratulations! My 1st choice is Eng & French at Leeds. Went on an open day and loved it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending