The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I posted this in the BMAT thread but it probably didn't belong in there so I'll post it again here:
This is a file which is of applicants for entry in 2012 to Emmanuel College Cambridge, which shows their UMS and BMAT scores and whether they got an interview or not. Going down the list things seem relatively low, both UMS and BMAT... Is this actually representative of applicants and has TSR just given us a false impression? Or have scores and things generally gone up, but I don't really see a reason why they would...
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
What's this whole thing about photocopying and stamping stuff?
All I got asked by Churchill was to fill in the SAQ (it wasn't even an email from them just an automatically generated email by Cambridge)

I think Churchill will specifically contact us (Churchill Nat sci here :tongue:) a few days after the SAQ is submitted and from what it sounds like, ask us to provide proof of our UMS results (which should be signed by chief examiner perhaps?) Everyone who applies gets the e-mail about filling in the SAQ from the university as a whole and the submitted SAQ then goes to the college you applied to I think.
Original post by philgreek
I think Churchill will specifically contact us (Churchill Nat sci here :tongue:) a few days after the SAQ is submitted and from what it sounds like, ask us to provide proof of our UMS results (which should be signed by chief examiner perhaps?) Everyone who applies gets the e-mail about filling in the SAQ from the university as a whole and the submitted SAQ then goes to the college you applied to I think.

But I haven't received anything from Churchill lol. Hbu?
But I haven't received anything from Churchill lol. Hbu?

Neither but I guess some colleges are a bit quicker, or maybe it's just because I submitted SAQ late last night. Churchill may just wait until a bit after SAQ deadline so sending e-mails is easier?
Neither but I guess some colleges are a bit quicker, or maybe it's just because I submitted SAQ late last night. Churchill may just wait until a bit after SAQ deadline so sending e-mails is easier?

I sent mine 3 weeks ago lol
I sent mine 3 weeks ago lol

wow, wish I was that organised, don't think I had even submitted UCAS by then, gl then :smile:.
wow, wish I was that organised, don't think I had even submitted UCAS by then, gl then :smile:.

Haha! I'm trying to be a bit more organised this year. I don't want to end up like last year and end up doing everything last minute (ie. forgetting about AS exams until a month before the actual exams. Then I noticed my academic future kind of relied on them).
Original post by TotalerReinfall
I posted this in the BMAT thread but it probably didn't belong in there so I'll post it again here:
This is a file which is of applicants for entry in 2012 to Emmanuel College Cambridge, which shows their UMS and BMAT scores and whether they got an interview or not. Going down the list things seem relatively low, both UMS and BMAT... Is this actually representative of applicants and has TSR just given us a false impression? Or have scores and things generally gone up, but I don't really see a reason why they would...

Whaaaaat - there must be something dodgy thefe
Reply 448
Um...Hi :smile: I'm new here! I've applied to Peterhouse for NatSci (bio). Anyone else?
How many hoops have I got to jump through to send off the poxy application? Get the grades, UCAS form, personal statement, SAQ form with additional personal statement(s), certification of grades, email back college admissions tutor, possibly interview, possibly pooled, possibly interviewed again and then and only then may I get a reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
How many hoops have I got to jump through to send off the poxy application? Get the grades, UCAS form, personal statement, SAQ form with additional personal statement(s), certification of grades, email back college admissions tutor, possibly interview, possibly pooled, possibly interviewed again and then and only then may I get a reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly how I felt!

Anybody else really excited for their (potential) interview? I don't get to speak to anyone about Philosophy so it's going to be really exciting to (potentially) have some back-and-forth with real Philosophers!
Reply 451
Interview in two days flying to Singapore tomorrow :eek::eek::eek: absolutely terrified (Bio NatSci at Downing)
In other words I got an offer from UCL so at least I get to go to London if i completely mess up on friday!
Reply 452
Not submitted SAQ yet...
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Exactly how I felt!

Anybody else really excited for their (potential) interview? I don't get to speak to anyone about Philosophy so it's going to be really exciting to (potentially) have some back-and-forth with real Philosophers!

Yeah i feel the same way with economics :smile:

How is everyone providing proof UMS? I only have the sheet my school gave me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I screwed up my interview today :/
What are my chances now? I still have a test on Saturday to make up for it.
Original post by arra1997

You've already interviewed for Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you apply for?

Did you just feel really stretched? Because that's probably a good sign :smile: most feel it didn't go too well
Original post by EHZ17
You've already interviewed for Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. At Singapore.
We had a 30 minute interview. After a few preliminary questions, we started on the academic part. The first question went well, but as I was working through the second, it got hard and the interviewer kept dropping hints, so I'm worried. I did do the second one in the end, but I was repeatedly told how to go about doing it.
We had a 30 minute interview. After a few preliminary questions, we started on the academic part. The first question went well, but as I was working through the second, it got hard and the interviewer kept dropping hints, so I'm worried. I did do the second one in the end, but I was repeatedly told how to go about doing it.

Do you not have two interviews?

If not, it's done now! And I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think, just do well on the test now and then it's a waiting game.

Although I feel sorry for you having interview so early, have to wait until January for a decision :eek: where as I'll have to wait only a few weeks max

Latest

Trending

Trending