The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SAQ done now just written work to get submitted then finally all the forms will be done!
Will send off my forms for Christ's Monday! Then it's just a wait.

Durham still haven't given confirmation that they've received my application.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Will send off my forms for Christ's Monday! Then it's just a wait.

Nor have they acknowledged mine!

So excited to see if I've got and interview. Still weirdly don't feel assured despite the fact that I'm over the UMS threshold.
what did everyone put in the extra personal statement part of the SAQ?
(my mum keeps telling me to show my personality but I don't know how)
On the email queens sent they asked for Head Teachers name and the address of the school. Should I put down my director of Sixth Forms name since my head teacher rarely has anything to do with Sixth Form?
Reply 65
Regarding the saq, I am self teaching a2 fm so do I still need to list the topics I will have covered by December? As I'm not sure how much I will have done by then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Regarding the saq, I am self teaching a2 fm so do I still need to list the topics I will have covered by December? As I'm not sure how much I will have done by then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if you have to or not, if you are going to, I'd just play it safe and only put small things that you know you will have completed. Anything you don't put you know they can't ask you :P
Reply 67
Just did a timed TSA as practice. Oh my :frown:

Anyone know what a "good" or "competitive" score is? Past test-takers/current students - your input is appreciated :tongue: With just a handful of days left till the exam I'm not sure what to do!
Reply 68
Original post by k4l397
Not sure if you have to or not, if you are going to, I'd just play it safe and only put small things that you know you will have completed. Anything you don't put you know they can't ask you :P

True:tongue: I think I might leave it blank or just put a few stats topics that I think ill have done by then.
Thanks for your help:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Navo D.
Just did a timed TSA as practice. Oh my :frown:

Anyone know what a "good" or "competitive" score is? Past test-takers/current students - your input is appreciated :tongue: With just a handful of days left till the exam I'm not sure what to do!

Wait, when do we take the exam?
Is it the same time as the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I got confirmation from Durham on Wednesday (and had several problems trying to submit an alternative PS!), though it's probably different for each department.
Saw some questions of when the fee status etc form has to be sent by; for King's it's Nov 6th. Not sure about other colleges but possible around the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by drowninginsound
I got confirmation from Durham on Wednesday (and had several problems trying to submit an alternative PS!), though it's probably different for each department.

When did you send off your application to durham? I applied just under a month ago and have heard nothing..
Reply 73
Original post by CaitlinDy
Wait, when do we take the exam?
Is it the same time as the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I'd assume so! Mine is the day after the interview. So stressed :s-smilie:
Original post by megan97
When did you send off your application to durham? I applied just under a month ago and have heard nothing..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine off last Monday, for NatSci. What did you apply for?
Reply 75
Original post by drowninginsound
Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine off last Monday, for NatSci. What did you apply for?

That's so quick. International relations.
Original post by Navo D.
Yep, I'd assume so! Mine is the day after the interview. So stressed :s-smilie:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I presume then you're applying from out of the UK? When's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Is sending of written work in early november, along with the other forms, all acceptable or do you think it's too late
Any tips for the optional PS because I'm really struggling to think about things to write about. I don't want to leave it blank :confused:
Reply 79
Original post by CaitlinDy
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I presume then you're applying from out of the UK? When's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye, on the 24th of this month :tongue:

Latest