The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Navo D.
Ye, on the 24th of this month :tongue:

Oh wow! Best of luck to you then! What are you applying for; and which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone taking CIE A Levels know how we enter UMS on the SAQ as CIE do not release individual UMS scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by jamiep151
SAQ done now just written work to get submitted then finally all the forms will be done!

Have you been emailed about written work yet? The college I applied to said they'd email later on about written work but I don't know how late they mean..
Reply 83
Put my mental illnesses on UCAS and sent in ECF, worth putting on SAQ?? (I don't think so, myself)
Reply 84
A couple of questions about the SAQ, sorry if they've been answered before:

1. If I didn't have any difficulties with teaching or things like that do I simply write "No" or leave the box blank?
2. If I took an AS for my native language, should I still list the topics (even though I didn't study for the exam) for the AS and the topics for the upcoming A2?

On a different note, does anyone know when Imperial starts sending interview invitations and when their interviews are (for Chemical Engineering)?
Reply 85
Original post by Necrosyrtes
Anyone hear anything from Pembroke?

Original post by captainkenway
I applied to Pembroke as well and haven't heard anything, so I would guess that they haven't sent out forms to anyone yet.

I applied to Pembroke too and haven't heard anything, however, when I had to e-mail the general admissions office for some information on written work they said they'd be contacting people for it 'by the end of next week.' So i'm assuming everyone will be contacted by then with data sheets blah blah blah
Original post by megan97
Have you been emailed about written work yet? The college I applied to said they'd email later on about written work but I don't know how late they mean..

Applied to King's and they sent a big email on the 16th and when they received my SAQ which included link to their page with written work deadline and cover sheet.
Original post by BVN
On a different note, does anyone know when Imperial starts sending interview invitations and when their interviews are (for Chemical Engineering)?

I'm also applying for ChemEng at imperial - haven't heard anything from them yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Good luck guys! I remember the stress of this thread from last year, especially when people's interviews started coming through. :moon:
Just think, this time next year, you might be two weeks into your Cambridge career! Any questions still unanswered, fire away. :smile:
Reply 89
is it possible to change college at this point?
Original post by BIGDIKC

No
Original post by BVN

1. If I didn't have any difficulties with teaching or things like that do I simply write "No" or leave the box blank?
2. If I took an AS for my native language, should I still list the topics (even though I didn't study for the exam) for the AS and the topics for the upcoming A2?

I just left the box blank but putting no should be fine too. There shouldn't be anything wrong with listing the topics for your AS and A2 if it's your native language although you may want to let them know somewhere on the form (not sure where would be most appropriate though) that it is your native language.

Original post by BIGDIKC

I think there are a few days after you've sent your UCAS application when you can 'switch' one institution for another, not sure if you can switch colleges though.
Original post by BVN

1. I just put N/A but I expect that leaving it blank will be equally acceptable
2. I would list the topics, definitely, I highly doubt they'd ask you anything, but equally, if you omitted them, they'd probably want to know why :tongue:
Original post by sophia_e
what did everyone put in the extra personal statement part of the SAQ?
(my mum keeps telling me to show my personality but I don't know how)

I didn't put anything. Unless you're applying for a different course at Cambridge to other places don't feel obliged to fill it in.
Original post by KongShou
I can't believe that I'm actually applying to Cambridge! Am excite.

For the additional PS should we mention the college or not? I just talked about the course and Cambridge, but nothing about the college.

Personally, I'd avoid talking about the college since they won't care and won't ask you anything on it because of open applications. I'd just stick with what you've done so far :smile:
Original post by M1llward
Seriously what do we write for the SAQ D: I have had literally no difficulties in my education and my family have been going to university inc oxbridge for generations... There is nothing at all I can write in there that I can see helping me and I have received no information from anyone for what is expected.
Im beginning to panic, will it look awful if I write nothing!?! I don't even have anything to say in my extra PS section.

Don't worry! Most people will be in your situation, I certainly was. It's much better to leave boxes blank than waffle and say something you regret.
Reply 96
Original post by Jasey
I applied to Pembroke too and haven't heard anything, however, when I had to e-mail the general admissions office for some information on written work they said they'd be contacting people for it 'by the end of next week.' So i'm assuming everyone will be contacted by then with data sheets blah blah blah

I applied for Pembroke and haven't heard anything either for what it's worth.
Reply 97
For the data protection form: do we print it, fill it in, scan it and upload it?
Original post by aersh8
For the data protection form: do we print it, fill it in, scan it and upload it?

No they want the original.
So print it, fill it and send by post.
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Does anyone taking CIE A Levels know how we enter UMS on the SAQ as CIE do not release individual UMS scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I filled out the COPA (which is supposed to be very similar) and the procedure was clear in the guide.

Page 20:
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/copa.pdf

But I am not sure if it also applies to the SAQ.

Latest